Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dynotune boost gauge broke

I installed a dynotune boost guage a couple of months ago.. It has worked great till today. It was really windy and I got water splashing on it all day... Toward the end of the day, It started to read negative boost @ WOT... I thought I had a boost leak but pulled off 80 mph eazily.... When we got back to rinse skis off, we tried to diconnect the battery to see if it would reset... It is reading crazy numbers 1680,1320, 1260, ..... Random #s... Has anyone experienced this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    I installed a dynotune boost guage a couple of months ago.. It has worked great till today. It was really windy and I got water splashing on it all day... Toward the end of the day, It started to read negative boost @ WOT... I thought I had a boost leak but pulled off 80 mph eazily.... When we got back to rinse skis off, we tried to diconnect the battery to see if it would reset... It is reading crazy numbers 1680,1320, 1260, ..... Random #s... Has anyone experienced this?

If the inline connector gets any kind of moisture in it, It will read wrong.

Take the inline connector appart and blow it out with air, and then let dry out and should correct your problem, unless you got the readout real wet inside.

THis is the black inline connector that connects sending unit to gauge.

exactly the same problem 2 days ago. sprayed all the connections with contact cleaner and now all is good.

+1
    The in-line connector needs to be wrapped with electrical tape.....so says the directions from DynoTune.

Thanks guys!! I think I fixed it.. It had some mousture in the casing of the actual guage... I dryed it up with a blow dryer and siliconed it up... Its hard to tell without putting it in the water, but its reading actual numbers now....

BTW, I will tape up the conections also....
    THANKS!!!
    This is a clasic example of why this is the best PWC forum....

now i have a problem.the boost gauge powers up and already check all connections and all seems good beside the gauge read 1. and nothing else. any thoughts

+1
    You might need to send it back to have the screen replaced... mine is there now getting replaced as I got water in the screen itself and it ruined it.

+1

dynotune

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    every item i bought from dynotune has failed. actually the boost gauge worked the longest. all the tiny gauge wiring is flimsy and the installation instruction are not all that good. bought the afx a/f and has lasted the longest out of all products and is easy to calibrate and easy to read and install.

+1
    does anyone use autometer gauges? I always used them for cars and was planning on getting one for my ski

Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    does anyone use autometer gauges? I always used them for cars and was planning on getting one for my ski
    Yes, I did. I used there Liquid filled vac/boost gauge. was good enough for me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information