Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

LM-1 or LM-2 ???

Guys I am gonna buy one and I have noticed these two. Can some of you guys in the know. Tell me the one to get or not get. LM-1 or LM-2
    I like the new style of the LM-2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Guys I am gonna buy one and I have noticed these two. Can some of you guys in the know. Tell me the one to get or not get. LM-1 or LM-2
    I like the new style of the LM-2

From all the data i have read they are basically the same. The LM-2 being the newer model and looks nice.
    I did not think they were selling LM-1 anymore, but maybe so.

I have LM-1 and it is still working today. The last 15 hours on my RXP the LM-1 has been on my ski almost the entire time, with no problems or issues.

The actual gauge seems to be durable and not have issues. It is the 02 sensor that is the sensitive part of system.
    But with that being said i had to reset my sensor quite a bit when i first got my LM-1 but the last 15 hours or use not a glich. I has been spot on without having to be free air calibrated.

+1
    You can get both NEW on ebay for LM-1 $299 and LM-2 $399

+1
    i personally think the LM1 plug ins to the unit for the cords are JUNK but thats my limited experience...........with all the jossling and the waves etc etc while riding and trying to read to tune i would get the LM2 as the plug ins for the power and readout cords into the unit itself are much better and SNAP IN PLACE when connected and plugged in! good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    You can get both NEW on ebay for LM-1 $299 and LM-2 $399
    spend the EXTRA CENOTE/$100.00 u wont be sorry! PERIOD!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i personally think the LM1 plug ins to the unit for the cords are JUNK but thats my limited experience...........with all the jossling and the waves etc etc while riding and trying to read to tune i would get the LM2 as the plug ins for the power and readout cords into the unit itself are much better and SNAP IN PLACE when connected and plugged in! good luck!

I would have to agree with you Reid that the connections were the cords plug in are not the best in the world. I have not had issue with them but i could see where it could end up being a problem or the weak link of the system.
    You will be pluging and unpluging the box alot.

If the LM-2 has better connections then i would go with the LM-2. There is reason they upgraded the model and I am sure it is worth the extra 100 bucks.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    unless you buy the rpm converter... what is the point of getting an LM-1 rather than a cheaper LC-1

what does the lm-1 do that lc-1 doesn't is my question...

to get access to the actual advantages of the lm-1 dont u gotta spend big bucks to get a tach signal to datalog with the a/f readings?

otherwise your datalogging is useless if u dont know at what point in the power band your rich or lean

only have lc-1 experience... but that'sd what i understood to be the difference between them is datalogging, but unless u get the rpm converter ur datalog is useless

any info?

+1
    the LM2 will do all of these things and comes with a memory card and disc to use it on your lap top and with additional sensors that u can get after the fact and wire up with their wiring they provide u can monitor other functions for review and playback readout on your lap top.

+1
    I had 3 LC1, only one of them lasted more than 2 hours.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    cool...

the LM-1 is a glorified waste of money really. it's nothing more than an LC-1 that datalogs AFR readings with no correspondance to a certain engine load... UNLESS u buy the separate rpm converter

so either be cheap and get LC-1.... or go big and go LM-2 as that's what tells u what u really need to know after the fact on a memory card

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information