Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rxt fizzle i c where dose the exhaust go

i have fitted fissle ic but dont no were the large exhaust pipe goes does it go in the middle of the ic pipes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo rxt View Post
    i have fitted fissle ic but dont no were the large exhaust pipe goes does it go in the middle of the ic pipes
    I am not totally sure, but i dont think you can run external intercooler with stock exhaust exit loctation.

I would think if it did fit you would have to find another route for exhaust plumbing to exit location.

Maybe some will chime in..

+1
    Couldn't you just use a free flow exhaust pipe?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

"The only exhaust modification necessary for installation of this kit is the removal of the resonator box. Therefore the use of the thru-hull exhaust is not required and for that same reason, the removal of the OPAS (Off Power Assisted Steering) is not necessary either."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    Couldn't you just use a free flow exhaust pipe?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

"The only exhaust modification necessary for installation of this kit is the removal of the resonator box. Therefore the use of the thru-hull exhaust is not required and for that same reason, the removal of the OPAS (Off Power Assisted Steering) is not necessary either."
    i no the kit needs just needs resi removed but where does it go has anyone done one cheers

+1
    The resi gets removed completely and is replaces by the free flow pipe. Not sure what year RXT you have so I found both free flow exhaust pipes with the instructions.

05-06
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=754
    Instructions
    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...6055_01_05.pdf

07-08
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=755
    Instructions
    http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...6055_01_07.pdf

Hope this helps.

Banned User

i no the kit needs just needs resi removed but where does it go has anyone done one cheers
    Are you asking where the resignator goes? I'm confused.. You added fiz's IC kit and your tring to keep stock exhaust outlet? If so just remove the resignator, install a 8" SS tube(2 ?/? inch) in it's place and keep it in place with zip-ties..Install IC over top..Must do exhaust first!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Are you asking where the resignator goes? I'm confused.. You added fiz's IC kit and your tring to keep stock exhaust outlet? If so just remove the resignator, install a 8" SS tube(2 ?/? inch) in it's place and keep it in place with zip-ties..Install IC over top..Must do exhaust first!!!
    Search "JPEConsult's 185 Build". Somewhere towards the end is talk and pictures of the XS IC install. Pics show the exhaust tube from the J-Pipe going up and over the engine compartment, then down towards the resonator. Remove the resonator and install the Free-flow exhaust. The OEM exhaust rubber hose will go between the IC air intake and the air outflow tubes. I will see if I can find pics and post...too confussing. --jeremy

+1
    Post 509 in "JPEConsult's 185 Build"

But here it is again...

The exhaust will go between the ss air tubing of the XS IC and connect to the free-flow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS Installed Minus Exhaust Pipe.JPG 
Views:	696 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	106430  

hi alex i have fitted 8inch pipe that is not the problem the problem is where the pipe comes up towards the seat the pipe is in line with ic pipes it can go inbetween the two cooler pipes but is crimped is this ok where the exhuast rubes ic pipes cheers

+1
    hi alex i have fitted 8inch pipe that is not the problem the problem is where the pipe comes up towards the seat the pipe is in line with ic pipes it can go inbetween the two cooler pipes but is crimped is this ok where the exhuast rubes ic pipes cheers
    My exhaust pipe does not rube the IC lines. I have the GTXSC with the OEM exhaust outlet/bulkhead. which is the same as the RXT. I am just not ready to cut the hull up...yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information