Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Questions on ride plates?

So after reading the topic on ride plate testing I have learned nothing! I want to know with jims plate what do you get IF YOU DONT HAVE THE $750 dollar "speed package" I just bought VF3, Riva race filter, efi, prop, grate, d-plate, tach ect. I DO NOT HAVE $750 to spend on the "Speed package" so with knowing that what does jims plate offer? I see all kinds of stuff he can do but im not quite sure what and every day guy can buy from him??? I know I can call carl and buy the best he has to offer WITHOUT spending the $$$ on the package. I have nothing against the package im just not as hard core as a lot of the guys on this sight and I just want a 70mph + ski!!!!

Nothing against you Jim but If I understand everything correct (have to have speed package from a diffrient person to get your best plate??) I think that is BAD busniess! Imagine if you had to buy a rivas catalog for $750 to get an EFI?? Not all of you potential customers want the Speed package , but do want the best plate around. Again Im not trying to offend anyone but just trying to understand!

Thanks
    Brad

Seattle, WA

You can easily get to 70+ without the package. Heck we were there with reptiched NuJets in 2001.

But don't knock the hard work and testing that has resulted in percise specifications that make up the package. You can get there yourself by testing things - but unless you make less than minimum wage or enjoy spending hours testing - it will be more trouble then it's worth. Your choice.

Jim is just honoring the person who came up with the specs for the new plate.

+1
    Firts off im not knocking anything I just dont think the "speed package" is what I want to spend my money on and I dont see why a shop would not want to sell me the best it has to offer! Maybee in a year or so I might what to spend the money for the package (ill be making $5.75/hr then) but for this summer I just want to get what I can out off a ride plate. If fernando is in this to make $$ then just have jim charge an extra $50 for his best plate and sent to to fernando?? That doesnt seem that complicated to me?? And I would gladly pay the extra $50 for it.

r33pwrd:
    No you don't need the "package" to buy Jim's new cut skegged plate. As far as I know this new plate is Jim's best plate to date. You should give him a call, or buy one from Carl. You will be happy with either one.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hello brad, You can get a plate with bridge port work in between the skeggs, angle mod, trued , pocket cut , and polished. It's the new plate. But you have to understand fernando gave me some specs specifically for the package that i build for him. And i can not sell them without the package. Have to respect that.

+1
    from what I read earlier in another post you have to buy the package to get his best plate maybee I didnt read it correct?????

+1
    jim you posted that as I posted my question so ignore it! thank for your response I guess im a little bitter that I cant have your best plate! can you blame me? I currently have a plate that came from Texas and It pulls hard left so I need something new!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    The package plate is set up with the complete package in mind and they work together. They are both my best plates.

+1
    thanks

what you should of done is buy the package first then buy the parts that it calls for. If not you will be buying parts twice. I know because I did it your way and now I have parts that I can't use.
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information