Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Putting the 94 SL750 together

Ok well I know its not the nicest ski but I pretty much got it for free so I am trying to get it all back together right. I have a question about what this part is and what it actually does???

The green fuel lines are going to my new triple outlet fuel pump when it arrives.

More pics. Why did Polaris decide to put the electrical box in such a bad location? Every time I work on the ski the electrical seems to be in the way.

The part in your first picture is the autocock valve. Basically it was an on/off valve for the fuel flow to the engine. When the engine started cranking, the vaccuum from the engine opened the valve and let fuel flow to the carbs. This prevent the carbs from being flooded when the engine was off. Just closing your fuel selector does the job.

There was a service memo from Polaris to remove this unit and chuck it out as it was causing fuel starvation problems.

Chances are that your SL was never brought to a dealer. I had the same on one of my SLs that I bought used.

The autocock is worth its weight in scrap aluminum, that's it.

It's actually funny that some have been showing up on Ebay saying very rare Polaris Fuel pump part. Rare as in you have to sort through a dealer's garbage to find one!

Thanks Rob... I didn't think I would need it but better safe than sorry. All I need to finish my project is the fuel pump and the gas pick-up tubes with cap.

Does anyone elses SL750 look as messy as mine?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleag89 View Post
    Does anyone elses SL750 look as messy as mine?

Lots of them..

Ok lol you should have seen the hull before I took everything out and degreased it and washed it 4 times!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Ok lol you should have seen the hull before I took everything out and degreased it and washed it 4 times!
    Take a toothbrush and some cleaner to those spark plug boots, and you will discover that they are actually red.

Just kidding - your engine bay already looks better than many.

The more you work at it, the better it will get. There are endless nooks and crannies in these hulls, and the dirt and grime just love hanging on.

I have a couple questions on the fuel system. I removed my oil injection system and rplaced the pump with the block off plate. Where should I mount the new triple outlet fuel pump? Also I dont have the fuel line return restrictor. Where can I buy one of these?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...I don't have the fuel line return restrictor. Where can I buy one of these?
    Check whether your model & year actually HAD a separate restrictor in the fuel return line.

My understanding (and I am not a Fuji engine expert) is that the '92 to '95 650 and 750 engines had the separate return restrictor, while the 780's had one inside the carb fuel exit nipple.

You can buy one (used from John Zigler, new from Babbitts or Partsland, et al), or you can make one.

There are several informative threads - just use Advanced Search to look for restrictor in the Polaris forums.

This thread includes info on making a restrictor from a double ended hose barb and a Mikuni carb main jet;

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information