Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macsboost ?????

Macsboost ?????

Hey everyone I just have a question about the macsboost module. I have a 2005 Honda aquatrax r-12x. I bought it used and it came with the macsboost module. When i turn the ski on theres only a blue light that stays on , and its not changing color like on the site. Is this normal? Need help thanks.

+1
    Call Mac at macboost.com he'd be glad to answer that question

Yes the blue light will be on until boost is increased, it will then change as the boost keeps rising. It is just used as a visual aid for boost levels.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vnm02 View Post
    Yes the blue light will be on until boost is increased, it will then change as the boost keeps rising. It is just used as a visual aid for boost levels.
    that always tickled me. They only change under boost.. Boost only occurs under load..so i'm powering up from 0 to 60 and i'm gonna have the seat off and looking down so i can see the xmas tree?!? LOL..

i am really interested in this chip,but does it really work? i have read good and bad about it. the stg2 is out of my price range at the moment but the chip sounds good(and a k&n filter).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKE 01 WS6 View Post
    i am really interested in this chip,but does it really work? i have read good and bad about it. the stg2 is out of my price range at the moment but the chip sounds good(and a k&n filter).
    Simply put, yes, it works! But dont take it from me, There are many hundreds in use all over the world.

If you want to do one thing only, I'd recommend the module. That will provide you with the largest performance gain for the dollar short of a stage II kit.

Dont worry about the air filter unless you just want some extra noise. When you are ready for stage II, The IC and filters will double the effect of the module. IMO the uni filters provide the best airflow.

Check out my forms for more product support.

thanks, i actually bought one lastnight from a board member here in houston that upgraded to the new supercharged doo's. can't wait to try it out(and get the intercooler).....

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKE 01 WS6 View Post
    thanks, i actually bought one lastnight from a board member here in houston that upgraded to the new supercharged doo's. can't wait to try it out(and get the intercooler).....
    I'd be interested in hearing how you like it once you've tried it out. I've got two (2) 2005 R-12x, I might like to put the module on.

+1
    Hi Mark, The module has been around for quite a while. Be sure to Check out my testimonials page for some additional feedback and reviews.

+1
    ive never worked on a honda but it is a turbo, why not just add a boost controler and rrfpr? Ive heard that macboost will only provide more power for a certian period of time then go in a limp kinda mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information