Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    theantiRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Posts
    405

    is your RXP hard on your trailer brackets?

    I have a double trailer made by Karavan. The RXP has bent the brackets which bolt to the frame and pivot bracket. I ordered another set of these bunk brackets to put one on each side of the frame crossmember to "reinforce'' the trailer. I hope this works, I'm sick of having to baby the trailer


  2. #2
    Site Admin MikeTrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Overland Park, ks
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    48
    Put your trailer in deeper. I imagine they are bending when you are loading and unloading.

  3. #3
    Resident Jicky Jack Jeff C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: is your RXP hard on your trailer brackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiRXP
    I have a double trailer made by Karavan. The RXP has bent the brackets which bolt to the frame and pivot bracket. I ordered another set of these bunk brackets to put one on each side of the frame crossmember to "reinforce'' the trailer. I hope this works, I'm sick of having to baby the trailer
    Quit going over speed bumps at 75 mph, and this would not happen

  4. #4
    theantiRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    Put your trailer in deeper. I imagine they are bending when you are loading and unloading.
    The way they sit the only way they can bend is backwards, it happened all at once. I thought I was going in deep enough.

    The ski on the other side (my zxi) doesn't bend a bit.

  5. #5
    theantiRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Posts
    405

    Re: is your RXP hard on your trailer brackets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiRXP
    I have a double trailer made by Karavan. The RXP has bent the brackets which bolt to the frame and pivot bracket. I ordered another set of these bunk brackets to put one on each side of the frame crossmember to "reinforce'' the trailer. I hope this works, I'm sick of having to baby the trailer
    Quit going over speed bumps at 75 mph, and this would not happen
    my cummins diesel just hits 2000 rpms at 75~ !

  6. #6
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,013
    +1
    3
    Compare the weight of your ZXi with the RXP and you'll understand why one ski bends the brackets and the other one doesn't. Doubling up on the brackets was a good idea. Most ramps let you back in far enough until the ski is starting to float, other ramps are so shallow that you would have to back the tow vehicle into the water to sink the trailer deep enough to "float your boat" !

    Richard

  7. #7
    theantiRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Arkansas or Missouri on lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Bull Shoals
    Posts
    405
    hopefully the brackets will get here tomorrow. I pull with a 2500 Diesel 4x4 Dodge Ram, so shallow ramps aren't really a problem. I kunderstand the weight issue; and hopefully doubling up the brackets will work to fix this problem.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What not to do with your RXP
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
  3. A Quick test of your RXP, RXT SC's Cluch
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
  4. Brakes for your RXP
    By nitro rxp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
  5. Does your RXP leak?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •