Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NYC Boat Show?

+1

NYC Boat Show?

Anyone going? Dec 13-21. http://www.nyboatshow.com/

+1
    Yeah, bud... lets go hang out, drink some beers, and bust Shibby's balls!

Big Fun!

Maybe I'll even buy a new ski from him.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I'm definately going. just not sure what day. PM or call me when you guys figure out your day. I'll try to make it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i imagine u guys got the free tix in the mail from Seadoo??? ... if not, let me know what day ur going i'll see what i can arrange for comp tix

i'm supposed to be working the whole show.. not sure if i'll be in BRP booth, yamaha booth, or our own private dealership booth yet... i hate doing it, last year i got out of it except for 2 days... this year i think i gotta kiss the boss' ass and do the show bc he wants me to do it and in this economy i dont wanna not cooperate and give him reason to fire me

but if i dont have to work it.. then i'll go with you guys and put some other poor soul of a salesman thru the same crap i always gotta deal with

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i imagine u guys got the free tix in the mail from Seadoo??? ...
    Nope, they found out I sold my doos. You know I love comps

Vic, how does Sun the 14th sound?

+1
    i imagine u guys got the free tix in the mail from Seadoo??? ... if not, let me know what day ur going i'll see what i can arrange for comp tix
    Yeah, I only got one though. Maybe I could get another freebie??

+1

i'm supposed to be working the whole show.. not sure if i'll be in BRP booth, yamaha booth, or our own private dealership booth yet... i hate doing it, last year i got out of it except for 2 days... this year i think i gotta kiss the boss' ass and do the show bc he wants me to do it and in this economy i dont wanna not cooperate and give him reason to fire me

but if i dont have to work it.. then i'll go with you guys and put some other poor soul of a salesman thru the same crap i always gotta deal with
    Shibs, you should write down the questions/comments you get from the tire-kickers at the show. I'm sure we would all get a laugh out of that stuff. From just attending boat shows, I have heard/seen some funny sh!t. Like the first year the Polaris MSX came out, one dealer has a clear decal over the speedo that read "65." And the sales guy said "It goes faster than that but we aren't allowed to say how fast it really is."

Not sure if I should go. Went last year and ended up buying a 15F! They made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I don't want to see the "deal of a lifetime." Yes I'm going. Not sure what day, but it's a nice way to spend a Sat or Sun.

I'm always amazed at the people that they hire to sell these things. They really know very little about thier product and even less on how to sell it. One of the companies should hire me and pay me strictly on commision.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    Nope, they found out I sold my doos. You know I love comps

Vic, how does Sun the 14th sound?
    The 14th is no good for me... working.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    I'm always amazed at the people that they hire to sell these things. They really know very little about thier product and even less on how to sell it. One of the companies should hire me and pay me strictly on commision.
    tell me about it

i had a blow out with a sales guy from my competition last year... listened to him tell a potential buyer a whole cock-a-many story with untrue information and BS... was friendly with the factory rep from previous events and he went and told the customer to talk to me bc i would have the answers to his technical questions...

other sales guy from diff company saw me talk to the customer and after i was done got up in my face and blew up at me for trying to steal his customer... i laughed at him and said dude, get a clue, if you had any mechanical background whatsoever you coulda HONESLTY answered the guys question rather than lying to him, and he knew you lied, but thanks for lying bc now i got him as my customer he was PISSSEEDD... but that's the fault of the dealer for not hiring competent people or having ethics about giving people correct information, and if u dont know the right answer, FIND OUT, dont make something up ....

it's extremely aggravating for me to work the show and be in the corporate booth. in the past we had a private dealer booth and didn't have to compete with 20 other sales guys 10 feet away... my boss knows his sales guys dont know the watercraft product like i do, so he doesn't let the sales guys go to the show, instead he sends me, his fulltime mechanic that dont give a crap about making a commission since i'm on a full salary

as per my convo with the boss this morning tho...looks like i'll be working all 9 days of it unfortuantely... still dont know if i'll be in yami, BRP, or down the aisle somewhere in our own booth... or i might bounce around between them all, find out soon enough i guess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information