RXP 2007 flushing

I am so confused -- how does the garden hose flush the intercooler and manifold if the hose gooes to the top of the j pipe -- with the motor running wouldn't it just go right out the exhaust pipe and out the ski and not reach the intercooler

according to the diagram arrows water flows out the top of the j pipe?

I want to really get a good understanding with the new ride!

thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    when ski is in water... follow the arrows...

when flushing the ski... all the arrows are REVERSE. when u flush, u reverse cool the system

the exhaust pipe isn't just wide open and all the water falls down and dumps out.. the bottom of the water jacketing of the pipe is welded closed and there's 3 small holes that spray water into the muffler (waterbox)...

so since those three little holes can't squeeze all the water of a garden hose thru... the water works it's way backwards thru the hole system... it goes backwards in the j-pipe.. backwards in the exhaust manifold, thru the intercooler in reverse, and it comes out of the pump where there's an internal water feed

flush

great info
    it is getting clearer
    the book say 20 seconds on the flush -- do you think that is enough time for the water to go back through the whole system -- seems awfully short to me?

thank you thank you

would it be ok to put a t above the j pipe for the hose -- I am will be on a dock and it is hard to get back there

and one more if `you have the time -- could I put a shut off valve in front of the motor before the intercooler in case i need a tow?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yes... u can do that... if u look in rear of ski near bottom.. there's a 3/4" black heater hose.. usually with a red band on it, or a green stripe.. that's the main feed... you can put a shut off valve on there for your towing purpose... or you can put it up closer to the intercooler.. the BOTTOM-most hose of the intercooler is the FEED

and yes... you can also put a T on the top j-pipe hose for flushing purposes... but when you are flushing it, you would need to clamp the hose behind the T so that half the water doens't get wasted and just dumped out... clamp the hose behind the T so water can't go that way and it all needs to go INTO the j-pipe.

20 seconds allows enough time for it to be flushed, BUT i would do it more than that... there's no reason why you can run it for a minute or two.. i would draw the line at about 2 minutes just to play it overly safe from overheating the driveline seal.. but at 2 minutes u wont even come close to hurting anything

flush

I have seen a glimpse of that hose with the red stripe = seems like it would be tough to reach BACK there -- would it be ok to put in front of the motor before the interccoler -- by chance do you know the inside diameter of that hose?

how about the diameter of the j pipe hose -- I would like to put that T in as well as a shut off valve instead of having to pinch it.

do you think thoses strainers are good idea == I will run mainly down the beach front of NJ

Thread Information