Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

Canceled
    Last edited by jacuadro; 08-12-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jacuadro View Post
    Sorry guys but I need all the help I can get. I purchased a 07 Rxp Hin#YDV42277B707 everything went great for a couple of months till I realized that the Hin on the actual hull is missing, I try to contact the guy that sold me the ski and he keeps avoiding me. The ski is registered to me as on 07 rxp but there is no hin on the hull. What can I do? Can i apply for an actual Hin? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    I think there's a hiden HIN# under the gastank, you might wanna check to make sure you don't buy a stolen hull

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Presuming the engine is original, can the engine serial number be used to track down the HIN?

Through a dealer, or calling BRP directly?

BTW, there are some strict laws regarding removing or moving HIN number plates between hulls.

A missing HIN number plate is often a heads up that something is unusual, or worse, regarding the ownership 'history' of that hull.

It seems to me there are a few other "stickers" in the hull areas with the VIN#. I want to say I saw one on mine under the front storage compartment bin on the fiberglass somewhere in there. I imagine you got the title for the ski when you bought it, that's where you got the current VIN#?

I am a manager at a Sea-Doo dealership, and have access to our dealer site (even at home). I just ran that VIN number through Sea-Doo, and if it helps you in anyway, it shows the registered persons name, address, phone number, etc. If you need (want) any of that info send me a PM.

FYI, in case you didn't know already, you have extended warranty on it until 07/05/2009. But I suppose that will only be good if you can really prove that its that machine (proper HIN# affixed to hull I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I think there's a hiden HIN# under the gastank, you might wanna check to make sure you don't buy a stolen hull

That is right for sure.It is under the tank towards the back of the tank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacuadro View Post
    Sorry guys but I need all the help I can get. I purchased a 07 Rxp Hin#YDV42277B707 everything went great for a couple of months till I realized that the Hin on the actual hull is missing, I try to contact the guy that sold me the ski and he keeps avoiding me. The ski is registered to me as on 07 rxp but there is no hin on the hull. What can I do? Can i apply for an actual Hin? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    Just curious, did you buy it from a member of this forum?

+1
    When you say its missing.

Do you mean the HIN plate on the R side of the top deck of the hull or the sticker in the back under the grab rail ?

Thanks guys for all the replys, No it was not anybody from this forum, and yes it's missing bothe the sticker and the actual Hin plate that is
    Riveted to the hull.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    read the engine serial number off the plate on the front of the motor and PM it to me if u want.. or 2.3tbuggy can do the same thing

see if the vin # on the title matches the original engine serial number... assuming it's still the original engine in there

Well, just to follow up with this.. Apparently the guy he bought it from is not the "original" purchaser on file with Sea-doo. Not that that is a big deal because its possible it could have changed hands a couple times already. (3 owners is 1 1/2 years is a bit strange, but entirely possible) But apparently the engine serial number apperars to be scratched off according to current owner "jacuadro".

It sure looks like its a stolen ski whe have here. I gave him the original purchasers name and phone number for him to contact to see if he can give any insight on this matter. The only other thing I can think of is maybe it was in an accident and the hull was replaced or something, but that still wouldn't explain the reason for scratching off the engine serial #.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information