Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 RXT-X

I want a fast ski...Faster than that.

2008 RXT-X

I'm in the market for a new ski. I would be going from a 2004 GTX Limited to a new 2008 RXT-X (thats the one I'm set on). Tell me how much I'll like this new bike or am I making a stupid buy? I have a few friends with some Yamaha SHOs and quite frankly, I'm tired of being the lil kid on the block. Who all on here has this bike?

PS I'm going with the RTX instead of the RXP because I'm out here on the Diversion and these bulkheads make for one hell of a chop.
    Thanks Dustin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by clouless View Post
    I'm in the market for a new ski. I would be going from a 2004 GTX Limited to a new 2008 RXT-X (thats the one I'm set on). Tell me how much I'll like this new bike or am I making a stupid buy? I have a few friends with some Yamaha SHOs and quite frankly, I'm tired of being the lil kid on the block. Who all on here has this bike?

PS I'm going with the RTX instead of the RXP because I'm out here on the Diversion and these bulkheads make for one hell of a chop.
    Thanks Dustin
    Welcome to the forum.

Check out my thread "tested new mods with results".

I had a 185 hp gtx when i begun the thread and now have the T-X.

You can read my thread and get a good idea of my opinon on how each ski performed stock and with some mods.

My T-X is an awesome machine with very few mods, just some love and care.

+1
    My good friend has an RXT-X and he runs amazing in any chop. The VTS, Stand off pump shoe and 255 HP keep it in front of the Ultra 250X even in the rough. With just a R&D grate he is doing 71GPS stock and will hole shot every stock machine except the RXP-X.

I was going to get an rxt until I started reading the sea doo forums and all of the complaints and the unreliability..I opted for the sho because of the reliability, I would rather give up a little speed for piece of mind..I am not bashing the machine, stll am a big fan, just don't have the time or patience for shit going wrong.

Love my T-X stock, waiting for warranty and finances before modding.
    End of the season had a heavier rider on a 250X think he was going to stomp me, obviously the idiot didn't realize just what he was racing. He got the jump on me because I didn't think he was serious but as soon as I was on plane I just reeled him in. Best part was I let up as I pulled along side waved then opened it back up and left him.
    My only complaint about the craft is the fuel tank is way to small. In the group i ride with it is the biggest, thirstiest ski, and it has the smallest tank. WHY?

I have a TX and have had my RXP for nearly 4 years. They are very different machines, but I LOVE my T-X. I put very few bolt ons on it and am well over 70 mph. The holeshot on a stock T-X compared to my stock RXP was no contest. The stock T-X launches harder out of the hole in stock form by several boat lengths.

There are some typical problems (like the hood prop) that have gone bad and one recall, but other than those minor issues, I have been extremely pleased.

I have 40 hours on my T-X and have loved every minute of it.

For more context, all my friends who ride with me get to ride both skis. EVERY single one liked the T-X better. That is 7 more opinions.

Good luck.

+1

Need I say more? My T-X has hit 70.9 mph with zero mods on a hot day in saltwater. Runs 70 with a full tank on smooth water. Now with the cool weather and cold water I'm needing a new prop because it's hitting the rev limiter long before I hit full throttle. With (a few free mods) and the R&D grate and air filter I just installed a month ago I expect it will run close to 73 full of gas (with a new prop). The exceleration from a dead stop is phenominal in stock trim.
    Just get used to riding alone cause once you embarrass the other ski's they won't want to play with you anymore. Your targets will change. First, you'll start chasing down bass boats and after you get bored with them you'll start going after the big guys.......yeah, the cigarette style boats. And then the hunger for more power will set in you'll start talking to Jerry in your sleep.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbats View Post
    I have a TX and have had my RXP for nearly 4 years. They are very different machines, but I LOVE my T-X. I put very few bolt ons on it and am well over 70 mph. The holeshot on a stock T-X compared to my stock RXP was no contest.
    The stock T-X launches harder out of the hole in stock form by several boat lengths.

There are some typical problems
    (like the hood prop)
    that have gone bad and one recall, but other than those minor issues, I have been extremely pleased.

I have 40 hours on my T-X and have loved every minute of it.

For more context, all my friends who ride with me get to ride both skis. EVERY single one liked the T-X better. That is 7 more opinions.

Good luck.
    I have to agree, with few bolts on and some attention to detail and you can see some impressive speed numbers, and the hole shot can be awesome, especially when you get the right pitch on prop.
    My hole shot right now is sick and using a 83 ring. It can be done, if you pitch it right.
    Im not saying it will out perform stock nozzle on hole shot but on top and flat water on T-X, the longer nozzle seems to have more top end.

sorry to get off topic. I would not trade it for any ski.

I want a fast ski...Faster than that.
    Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the help.

You can't go wrong with it, but I suggest you go ahead and tell the dealer to keep a couple extra hood shocks on the bench for you. These seem to break under stress, but it does not cause any problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information