Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has Anyone Paid Extra For Thottle Recall

Hey guys, haven't been on in awhile, too busy, but I took my gpr to my local dealer to get the throttle cable recall done and he charged me about an extra $100 labour. He said Yami only allowed 3.5 hours to do it, but it took him close to 6hrs. I do have a holeshot kit on and I did ask him to replace the rubber boot,( the inside one ), as it was getting bad. Do you think this sounds reasonable or should I question it? Thanks, Donald

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    if a dealer can't complete the warranty/recall work in the allotted time.. that means they are slow or they dont have alot of experience under their belts working on that particular machine so it took them longer than it would have taken a seasoned mechanic.... nothing wrong with that.. eveyrone learns, not every mechanic has taken 20 GPS apart and knows their way around them 1 2 3.. BUT

either way... it's not your fault or yamahas fault if they can't complete the work within the flat rate time allowed and should not be billing the customer extra bc they feel the warranty/recall didn't pay them enough for their labor.

they were already balls deep in the ski replacing the throttle cable... an extra 3 minutes it may have taken for him to replace the rubber boot...

if your are mad about it... question it and rationalize it..

if ur not mad and your not poor... confront him and tell him u dont agree with him, but u understand everyone has to eat and make a living and the job didn't call for a boot replacement that took him 3 extra minutes while he was already in there... but u dont agree with the business ethics of his decision to charge you 100 bucks because of their lack of experience taking GPRs apart effectively

how big a fuss you make is up to you... i would courteously make mention of it for sure, it will make you quesiton whether to bring it back ever again if he's an honest service shop with good ethics... paying or not paying only u can decide how big a stink to make...

this is one of those grey area matters to me as i can see both sides of it as i've been both a consumer needing my stuff serviced... and i've also been on the other side in a service department trying to pay bills within the company and get revenues

i wouldnt pay it
    the vx recall pays 1 hour and takes 15 min. @ the most
    do you think the give the other 45 min. back to yamaha?

no

the gpr pays 3.5 if they cant get it done they eat it not your fault
    the inner boot has 2 clamps they had to remove one any way to get the pipe out
    id call customer service on monday they are ripping you off

i can do the gpr job in 2.5 hours complete

you should only pay for the boot and no labor

Report them to corporate. Tell them that they are charging for a recall and might be scaming more than just you. If that doesnt happen then just call your local news channel and tell them your story. They will be at the ski shop the next morning. IT WORKS. I had a water main break in front of my house, they fixed it but filled the hole with gravel. I asked when are they going to cill it with concrete? They said whenever they get around to it. 3 months later nothing done. Called Fox 6 news "contact 6". HAHAHA lets just say the mayor came down and had it fixed that day. I would advise doing this as your last resort.
    Thanks

I worked 100 percent commission at car dealerships for 25 years. The recall is 100 percent free, regardless how much time it took them to do it. Doesnt matter if it took the tech 2 days, its still 100 percent free.
    If you requested more work to be done, they should have supplied you with an estimate BEFORE the other work was done. If they didnt, their fault, and you owe nothing.
    If they are telling you they need more money because it took the tech longer than the 3.5 hours to do the recall, they are breaking the law. By law a dealer can not charge you for any recall, ever..
    Tell them to fire their slow ass tech and go pick up your ski, no charge..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I worked 100 percent commission at car dealerships for 25 years. The recall is 100 percent free, regardless how much time it took them to do it. Doesnt matter if it took the tech 2 days, its still 100 percent free.
    If you requested more work to be done, they should have supplied you with an estimate BEFORE the other work was done. If they didnt, their fault, and you owe nothing.
    If they are telling you they need more money because it took the tech longer than the 3.5 hours to do the recall, they are breaking the law. By law a dealer can not charge you for any recall, ever..
    Tell them to fire their slow ass tech and go pick up your ski, no charge..
    100% Correct,,illegal to charge for recall

+1
    I would tell that dealer to go screw. I got my throttle recall done in May before the season began and it took them all day to do it. AND IT WAS FREE. I would report the dealer to yamaha or to the state for trying to rip you off.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    A recall is totally free, The only time there may be a charge if you added something additional that has to come out to perform the recall.

This is why NO BOZO`s are touching my ski...
    I`d rather buy the dam cable and install it myself...

I had to travel way up north to a great dealer to fix my GTX!!! (Thanks Shibby/Rob)

But in no means is anyone around here touching my GPR...

well I have Doug and TJ, there`s enough experience right there!

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    pwned by the dealer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information