Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Impeller Question?

I just got my 15/20 impeller back from impros. I had it pitched to a 15/21.5 because I am going to be running the 2rude on stock ECU soon. I also had it welded up on the edges because I have the ss wear ring and it was worn down a bit from last season. I just went to install it in the pump and it was very tite and had a lot of drag on it so I sanded down the ss ring a bit to get it to turn freely. But one of the blades has a lot more gap than the others. Like when I hold the pump up to a light I can see a lot more light on this one blade and no light on the others. I did not have any feeler gauges but I did use a playing card and I could slip a playing card between that blade with the gap and I could not w/ any of the other blades. What do you guys think? Is there a problem with the impeller or pump bearings? Or should I not be worried at all? Should I send it back to Impros? I don't really think theres a problem w/ my pump because ut was not lik that befor I sent it to impros. What do you guys think? Run it and see what happens or send it back to impros or look at my pump bearing? The pump bearing has no movement in it at all? Thanks

+1
    Man!!! its slow around here in Winter

+1
    Just checked the gap w/ a feeler gauge and that one blade is at .022 between it and the wear ring. Thats not right!!

Could your shaft be bent a little? Try marking the blade that's off, take the impeller off and rotate it 180 degrees and see if the same blade still is off. That will tell you quickly if it's the impeller or shaft... Ron

I would send it back especially since it being winter and you cant ride for a while so down time is not an issue. What are you planning to do as far as fuel for the Rude2 with stock ecu? Are you going to use the 42's with RRFPR? Thanks

+1
    Ive had it on and off several times and then retorqed it and its always been the same result. befor I sent it out it was not that way. And the pump was not used at all, just sat on a shelf in my garage while the prop was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Could your shaft be bent a little? Try marking the blade that's off, take the impeller off and rotate it 180 degrees and see if the same blade still is off. That will tell you quickly if it's the impeller or shaft... Ron

If it's the blade then I would send it back too and mark the blade so there's no mistake when they get... Ron in Columbus

+1
    Im going w/ 50 lbs. injectors and the RRFPR. Also have a wide band gauge to get the A/F right. Will give full report once its up and running
    Quote Originally Posted by 2small View Post
    I would send it back especially since it being winter and you cant ride for a while so down time is not an issue. What are you planning to do as far as fuel for the Rude2 with stock ecu? Are you going to use the 42's with RRFPR? Thanks

Where did youget the 50's? What brand are they. I wanted to go with the 2Rude but am concerned about the fueling with the Rotax 42s that I have. Greenhulk said I would be fine with 42's but dont want to chance it.

+1
    Got my off E-bay for $50 a piece. Get the Delphi/Lucas brand. They are the same ones that Riva sells for $300 for three Don't be fooled there the same thing!! Save yourself over $150. Skeopp was havin trouble with his 42s going to lean even w/ the RRFPR cranked way up so he got the 50s and turned the pressure down and they worked great according to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2small View Post
    Where did youget the 50's? What brand are they. I wanted to go with the 2Rude but am concerned about the fueling with the Rotax 42s that I have. Greenhulk said I would be fine with 42's but dont want to chance it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information