Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who know Windows ???

I've already had out Window Wizards, got a guy comin out today and another on Monday. seems like more $$ than I was expecting !!!!
    I have 30 year old aluminum drafty crap now.....

Well it seems I have some spare time on my hands how many windows

I have 4 @ 70 x 58 3 panel brown. And 2 @ 48 x 58 the first estimate made me think about holding off cause it 's pretty $$$$

Im sick of putting that plastic stuff on but still cheaper than new windows.

I dont know what comany to trust....

+1
    David,
    My next door neighbor used to be the credit manager for Acuweld. They are the manufacturer of the vinyl windows used by most of the contractors in this area including window wizards, depot, and sears.
    When we did ours about 2 years ago he was able to hook me up with a good installer. Did ours for $270 an opening installed.
    Sounds like your windows are actually made up of multiple windows in one spot?? 70"....is that 3 windows side by side?
    I'll talk to my neighbor over the weekend and see what kind of contacts he still has. I'll also look for the guy's card that did ours.
    Personally, I'd stay away from places like Window wizards and the like...High pressure, high prices..
    Also, save yourself some dough and skip all the addons...lowE, triple pane etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    David,
    My next door neighbor used to be the credit manager for Acuweld. They are the manufacturer of the vinyl windows used by most of the contractors in this area including window wizards, depot, and sears.
    When we did ours about 2 years ago he was able to hook me up with a good installer. Did ours for $270 an opening installed.
    Sounds like your windows are actually made up of multiple windows in one spot?? 70"....is that 3 windows side by side?
    I'll talk to my neighbor over the weekend and see what kind of contacts he still has. I'll also look for the guy's card that did ours.
    Personally, I'd stay away from places like Window wizards and the like...High pressure, high prices..
    Also, save yourself some dough and skip all the addons...lowE, triple pane etc etc..
    Thanks Man,
    after 2 estimates I may juat be putting the plastic on for a couple of more years....

if you go through like the state theres like away to get it done cheap because your saving energy which in turn saves fuel and like saves the earth kinda shiv

so they come out and like do it super cheap my mother had it done a couple of years ago.

http://www.njcleanenergy.com/

im sure some where on there you could find it. or at least get a number to call.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferz View Post
    if you go through like the state theres like away to get it done cheap because your saving energy which in turn saves fuel and like saves the earth kinda shiv

so they come out and like do it super cheap my mother had it done a couple of years ago.
    its not that you get it done cheap. you get an energy credit for using efficient insulating windows. its the same thing you get when you install solar panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    its not that you get it done cheap. you get an energy credit for using efficient insulating windows. its the same thing you get when you install solar panels.
    WHen I put In my new sliding glass doors I got a 500.00 creadit on my income taxes.. It's because of the "low-E" glass. That'a ll good but it doesnt help my initial out of pocket ! I'm not sure if that credit is still offered.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    WHen I put In my new sliding glass doors I got a 500.00 creadit on my income taxes.. It's because of the "low-E" glass. That'a ll good but it doesnt help my initial out of pocket ! I'm not sure if that credit is still offered.
    and he is in NJ vs. PA David

why don't you hit marc up for the friends and family discount?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information