Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tested today,

Tested today,

WENT,out today to test the mods in my sig, its the first time ive been out,i recently fitted the speedfreaks shorter pipe setup and the bracket for the XS COOLER,blew one of the rubber pipes off at 64.9.This pipe setup is very awkward to fit and get to,so ive substituted the shorter pipe for an angled pipe and rubber sleeves thats much easier to angle, fit ,get ,to ect,the bend in the angled pipe lends itself to the fitting,much better.So tommorow im out again ,i was going well and hoping to break 75, seems a shame that these pipe set ups are as awkward as they are, the pirahana ones look made to fit.IM sure ive got over it but im sure these pipes could be made to fit better,my fault not tightning the clip enough just think the hardware could be angled better as its so tight in there,

+1
    Where do you ride in the UK .

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    Where do you ride in the UK .
    YE im on buds comp,ride southampton,portsmouth,area,bout you?MARK

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    WENT,out today to test the mods in my sig, its the first time ive been out,i recently fitted the speedfreaks shorter pipe setup and the bracket for the XS COOLER,blew one of the rubber pipes off at 64.9.This pipe setup is very awkward to fit and get to,so ive substituted the shorter pipe for an angled pipe and rubber sleeves thats much easier to angle, fit ,get ,to ect,the bend in the angled pipe lends itself to the fitting,much better.So tommorow im out again ,i was going well and hoping to break 75, seems a shame that these pipe set ups are as awkward as they are, the pirahana ones look made to fit.IM sure ive got over it but im sure these pipes could be made to fit better,my fault not tightning the clip enough just think the hardware could be angled better as its so tight in there,
    WENT out again today with my (modded bracket and pipes),pleased to report that it all held at 73.6, no dramas today,gona double check pipes and fittings,then test again,im hopeful that 75 is close and my modded pipe set up will hold........as the origanal was awful......

Banned User
    +1
    Good job!

MOST IMPORTANT, what were your RPM's when you were at WOT????????

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Good job!

MOST IMPORTANT, what were your RPM's when you were at WOT????????
    ON,the sea today bit bouncy saw 8140 thats with an 81ring and a 15/20 solas full to the brim tank 15 stone rider 2/3 degrees above freezing,got the brain freeze to prove it,THANKS DANNY

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    ON,the sea today bit bouncy saw 8140 thats with an 81ring and a 15/20 solas full to the brim tank 15 stone rider 2/3 degrees above freezing,got the brain freeze to prove it,THANKS DANNY

If it was at 8180, you are all over the limiter....What was your throttle POSITION? 2/3rd, 3/4?

Try an 80 ring if you have it, otherwise put about .5-1.0mm into it...If the RPM's get to a consistant 8140's at WOT with the 81, then you can leave it as is and just jump up 1 ring when it gets warmer...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If it was at 8180, you are all over the limiter....What was your throttle POSITION? 2/3rd, 3/4?

Try an 80 ring if you have it, otherwise put about .5-1.0mm into it...If the RPM's get to a consistant 8140's at WOT with the 81, then you can leave it as is and just jump up 1 ring when it gets warmer...
    I was wide open,BUT........... lower fuel better run and flatter water i think i would go quicker,and the REVS would rise im guessing..i didnt get any great runs, just test runs,good runs,but the water can be kinder than today....so hopefully thers more to come

+1
    The rev limit is 8300 rpms on the 07. Anything under 8200rpms is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    The rev limit is 8300 rpms on the 07. Anything under 8200rpms is fine.
    WOULD,my revs rise on a better run and lower fuel? im on the 81ring at the moment,might try an 80 if they do rise

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information