Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: catch can fluid

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605

    catch can fluid

    JUST,done 15mins on my ski to test everything ok,when i emptied the catchcan i had about a teaspoon of what looked like water it was warm but smelt of petrol,any ideas,is this right?


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    JUST,done 15mins on my ski to test everything ok,when i emptied the catchcan i had about a teaspoon of what looked like water it was warm but smelt of petrol,any ideas,is this right?
    Yes this is right...Some see more, some see less...But what you have is about normal.

  3. #3
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    It sure sounds like condensation - hot engine + cold air = water vapor... Ron

  4. #4
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    It sure sounds like condensation - hot engine + cold air = water vapor... Ron
    Its the unburnable oily residue that gets collected into the catch can..

  5. #5
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    but only 15 minutes??? Does the ratio continue as the riding duration is lengthened?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    but only 15 minutes??? Does the ratio continue as the riding duration is lengthened?
    i was,thrashing it,to make sure everything stayed on,most of the time was \ straight long runs,and to be fair there was a fair bit of condensation in the hull,add to that lots of doughnuts,water splash,............MARK,ON MY BUDS COM

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    It sure sounds like condensation - hot engine + cold air = water vapor... Ron
    SPOT ON

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Yes this is right...Some see more, some see less...But what you have is about normal.
    IS,there anything you dont know,once again.......many many thanks

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    IS,there anything you dont know,once again.......many many thanks

    OH ya..There is alot that i dont know... Your welcome!!!

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    I've been running a riva catch can for around 20 hrs. now... I have never had a drop of oil in it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Catch Can "fluid" ???
    By Kaybat in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
  2. This **** catch can, what the fittings called?
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
  3. PCV breather/oil catch can
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
  4. oil catch can
    By rxpblast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
  5. oil catch can?
    By PAINKILLER in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •