+1

GPR Throttle Cable Recall

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about taking my ski in for the throttle cable recall. I have the whole exhaust out and the Yamaha dealer by me said they would replace the cable with the exhaust already removed no problem and give me the exhaust gasket that comes with the recall kit for exhaust assembly. I know, it saves them time and $$$, but I hate having anyone touch my ski. Especially dealers. It seems like they always scratch my skis, forget to tighten bolts, or better yet put bolts in the wrong holes.

My question is, My throttle cable looks and feels fine. Ski is an 03 with 26 hours on it. Should I go in for the recall or just ignore it until there is some bind in the cable? What do you guys think. I'm just worried about the dealer screwing something up.

Banned User
    Well if you are that nervous about the dealer messing with you ski, then see if they will let you bring in the ski with nearly everything apart. Tear it down to the cable and ask them to do the minimal amount of work necessary in order to release the ski. You could also see how hard it would be for you get your hands on this cable... though i doubt any dealer would release it for free under the recall.

I dont think i would let it go unnoticed... the recall is for your benefit and i would definetly take advantage of it.

What yr is the recall for?

+1
    I...

-wouldnt let them touch my ski
    -wouldnt worry about the recall unless my cable was binding or sticking
    -would deal with it later if it ever hinted of a problem, since you know how to work on your own ski

+1
    Thanks Rich,

That is pretty much the attitude I have on it, but I wanted to see if any of the "experts" on GH said this recall is a must.

Pat,

The recall is for 03-08 1300's

GPSLEEPER,

The throttle cable is pretty easy to get at once the exhaust pipe (The U pipe and Stinger) is removed.

African-American
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I...

-would deal with it later if it ever hinted of a problem, since you know how to work on your own ski
    +1

last time i took my jetski to a dealer (seadoo gts) i had to buy a new one.. they re-routed the cooling lines to zero cooling.. exhaust caught fire and the engine seized.....

+1
    Nice,

The last time I took my ski into the dealer, they did the pump shoe bracket recall and forgot to tighten 2 clamps on the sound suppression and reversed the intake grate bolts. The grate was loose when they gave it to me. If I would have taken it out, I think I may have been flying like superman off of my ski from the grate coming off. And then watching it sink as the ski filled up with water from the loose sound suppression....

I'm glad I checked there work! I actually told the manager this and he told me to bring in the ski so they can recheck everything so the ski does not sink!

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I...

+10

Thread Information