Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64

    National Championship game

    Who will win the national championship game and why will they win?
    Gators?????
    Sooners??????
    I'm gonna go with the Gators.
    Why?....... TIM TEBOW!
    Man this guy is like a runningback in quarterbacks clothing.
    Alabama has one of the top run defenses in the nation.
    When Tebow ran the ball, Bama hit him and hit him and hit him some more.....
    He laughed at them and kept on coming. A guy like that who can run the ball and still make great throws will be hard to stop.


  2. #2
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    I am going to pick Oklahoma and here is why.

    The offense is unmatched. You have more weapons than Arnold has chrome on his hummer.

    Sam Bradford - Highest Stat Ranking Quarterback in the NCAA
    Murray - One of the best running backs in the nation, rushed for over 1000 yards (this season)
    Brown - One of the best running backs in the nation, has ALSO rushed for over 1000 yards (this season)
    The offensive line is without a doubt the BEST in the nation.

    So pick your poison when it comes to the offense. Have Bradford throw the ball on you while he sits in his lawn chair in the pocket sipping a beverage or try to stop "What can" BROWN "Do for you" and Murray.

    When it comes to defense you are going to see ou's top guys back. English showed up in the last game. He is looking solid and should be 100% by this game. Box will also be back. He was injured in the OSU game. You also have thug Nic Harris at DB and McCoy on the Dline.


    Anyways this game is going to be good for sure. Plenty of offensive power on both sides of the ball. I give the advantage to OU because the number of weapons they have on the offensive side compared to Florida. Only makes since, more people able to score with the ball from behind the line of scrimmage, the better your chances are in winning the game. Plus if someone get injured, you still have weapons. I expect this to be a shootout.

  3. #3
    Texas got the shaft. This year's BCS debacle has caused me to lose interest significantly.

    The best line of the year was at the beginning of the season when someone said that there was no need for playoffs because the regular season works like playoffs. Last I checked, when you beat someone in the playoffs, they dont jump over you and into a championship game. Now we sit and wait for five weeks for what??
    BS

  4. #4
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Texas got the shaft. This year's BCS debacle has caused me to lose interest significantly.

    The best line of the year was at the beginning of the season when someone said that there was no need for playoffs because the regular season works like playoffs. Last I checked, when you beat someone in the playoffs, they dont jump over you and into a championship game. Now we sit and wait for five weeks for what??
    BS
    What about Texas Tech? Didn't they get screwed also?

    Really I think in this type of situation that happened in the big 12 a different tie breaker needs to be in place. They are saying on some forums that this will happen...

    "If the north or south's champion has 2 or more losses when the other has a tie of 3 or more, the highest two teams in point differential will advance to the big 12 championship game."


    Sounds good to me! I would be upset too if I was Texas Tech or Texas.

  5. #5
    jetskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    658
    I hope OU beats the hell out of Florida!! BOOMER

  6. #6
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    What about Texas Tech? Didn't they get screwed also?

    Really I think in this type of situation that happened in the big 12 a different tie breaker needs to be in place. They are saying on some forums that this will happen...

    "If the north or south's champion has 2 or more losses when the other has a tie of 3 or more, the highest two teams in point differential will advance to the big 12 championship game."


    Sounds good to me! I would be upset too if I was Texas Tech or Texas.

    Absolutely, Texas tech got the shaft too. They were passed by two teams (florida and usc) who both lost to unranked teams. Texas Tech's only loss was to OU. In theory, they should still be top five, possibly even top three. They definitely got fuct, but not as bad as Texas.

    The BCS is a joke. EVERY year we go through this, EVERY year there is nothing but complaining about it, and EVERY year nothing changes. I dont understand how anyone can argue against having playoffs instead of sitting for five weeks and doing nothing.

    Imagine if the NFL was like this?? Tennessee and the Giants would automatically go to the superbowl after the end of the regular season.

  8. #8
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Absolutely, Texas tech got the shaft too. They were passed by two teams (florida and usc) who both lost to unranked teams. Texas Tech's only loss was to OU. In theory, they should still be top five, possibly even top three. They definitely got fuct, but not as bad as Texas.

    The BCS is a joke. EVERY year we go through this, EVERY year there is nothing but complaining about it, and EVERY year nothing changes. I dont understand how anyone can argue against having playoffs instead of sitting for five weeks and doing nothing.

    Imagine if the NFL was like this?? Tennessee and the Giants would automatically go to the superbowl after the end of the regular season.
    Im not sure why are are not as screwed as Texas. All three teams played each other. A lost to B, B lost to C, C Lost to A, and round and round it goes. They should all be next to each other in the polls since they were all top ranked teams when they lost to one another. Now who should be ranked above another is up for discussion. There is the theory one game was on a neutral field so the winner of that contest should come out on top. However the thought remains, was it a fluke? So you come down to point differential between the three teams when they played each other. Easiest way to rank is stats right? You want to put the best rounded team in the big game.

    OU - 101 - Scored 66 - Allowed
    Texas - 78 - Scored 74 - Allowed
    Texas Tech - 60 - Scored 99 - Allowed

    Differences and Ranking

    1# OU - 35
    2# Texas - 4
    3# Texas Tech - -39

  9. #9
    Yep. In theory, thats your top three right there except, again- I dont see how OU can jump a team that beat them straight up.
    They say that strength of schedule is the biggest factor in the BSC ranking system and yet USC and Florida somehow managed to jump EVERYONE after losing to two unranked teams respectively. Its a huge injustice to texas and tech. Texas tech had a tough schedule and beat some very tough teams. Perhaps moreso than Florida or USC

  10. #10
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Yep. In theory, thats your top three right there except, again- I dont see how OU can jump a team that beat them straight up.
    They say that strength of schedule is the biggest factor in the BSC ranking system and yet USC and Florida somehow managed to jump EVERYONE after losing to two unranked teams respectively. Its a huge injustice to texas and tech. Texas tech had a tough schedule and beat some very tough teams. Perhaps moreso than Florida or USC
    Well lets look at the computers where strength of schedule is used in a scientific manner.

    1# Oklahoma
    2# Texas
    3# Florida
    4# Texas Tech


    Oklahoma has beaten more teams that have done well in the computer poll than Texas has. This is why Oklahoma is above Texas. So statistically they are the stronger, better team. Because 3 teams beat each other you cannot use head to head. Head to head is only used in a tie breaker where there is two teams. In three teams, like in this situation, you could say Texas beat a high ranked Oklahoma, but then you have to say Texas Tech beat a high ranked Texas. Then Oklahoma beat a high rank Tech.

    So which do you pick? You have to use numbers here, not opinions. It is the only way to do such thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Long Beach To Catalina Offshore National Championship, July 12, 2009
    By Socaloffshore in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
  2. Replies: 238
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. Stan wins National Championship On a RXPX
    By racerrob333 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 03:13 PM
  4. There was a tragedy on 6th lap of Russian National Championship
    By Almond in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
  5. National Championship!!
    By Bayou Princess in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •