Polaris Genesis 2001 RPM Limit problem.

I have now had my Polaris on service, and it seems that they not can solve the problem, why the Polaris after i While ( 100-200 meter out in the sea) decrese and Limit the RPM ?

What can solve this problem ?

First it work, the after 100-200 meter out in the Sea it Limit the RPM, and after wait ca 20 -30 sec, the Polaris works again, and after a short while, it Limit the RPM again, 2800-3000 RPM ? WHY WHY ?

Please help me. The machine has only been on for 15 hours.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is this the same Genesis i you were asking about in the summer?

Give us some history regarding what has been done on this engine, and what else has been changed or tested.

Is the Check Engine message appearing on the MFI, or the red warning lamp?

Have you checked fuel pressure at the schrader valve tee?

history

The machine has never being good, machine has 15 hours, but never going over 2800-3000 RPM, but for a few times…

I start it, it works, but the IDLE RPM seems to be low, round 800 rpm…

I start it, and it works about, 30 sec, and going down to 2800-3000 RPM, and that’s it…

Then when I trying to drive again over 2800-3000 RPM, I will die…
    But if I Wait for 30 sec it will Drive away again, and after 10 sec again, it will go down to
    2800-3000 RPM

I was looking in the Electric box, and found that the Fuse was broken, 2 Amp,
    I change it, and it seems to be working again, and that’s the problem…but the fuse broke again…

I put the machine to Service, and they told me that the fuse doesn’t was the problem, the fuse was the bilgepump…

They have checked all things…then they told me that it was Problem with the Reverse…and fixed it…and tested it on Land, and worked fine…but when the put in in Water and tested it…the same problem at first was back, 200 meter out in sea, and then down to 2800-3000 RPM…

So What can be the problem ?

But what I remember, when I was driving it, the red lamp was blinking, reverse….If that is
    Some problem.

The techinens at the service told me that is not any problem with the engine, just something will tell the machine to go down to 2800-3000 RPM

What is the Problem. ????

Please help.

hmm

someone have any answer?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I missed your earlier reply, sorry about that

There is an electrical switch attached to the inside of the reverse lever mechanism. If the switch senses that the reverse lever is not in the full ahead position, it will limit engine RPM to about 3500RPM.

It sounds like when you start riding, vibration or ride motion causes the electric reverse switch to activate.

I suggest you find the two-wire electric connector for the reverse switch, and unplug it. Then the EMM will not think the reverse lever is active, and will allow full engine RPM.

If that fixes the problem, then either the reverse switch is mechanically out of position, needs adjustment, or is broken in some way.

This thread has some info on how the reverse mechanism in a Virage is attached inside the hull. Your Genesis might have some differences, but the function of the switch is different.

You could leave the reverse switch unplugged, but be aware that its main function is to prevent the engine from over-revving in reverse. Above about 3500RPM, the jet pump starts to lose thrust in reverse.

In an emergency, if you select reverse and then fully squeeze the throttle, the EMM normally limits the maximum RPM, and thereby provides maximum reverse thrust. With the switch disconnected, the rider needs to remember not to squeeze the throttle too tightly, and not over-rev in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I

You could leave the reverse switch unplugged, but be aware that its main function is to prevent the engine from over-revving in reverse. Above about 3500RPM, the jet pump starts to lose thrust in reverse.

In an emergency, if you select reverse and then fully squeeze the throttle, the EMM normally limits the maximum RPM, and thereby provides maximum reverse thrust. With the switch disconnected, the rider needs to remember not to squeeze the throttle too tightly, and not over-rev in reverse.
    HMMMM I thought it was more that someone is blowing down the lake and throws it in reverse at 60 mph and it throws them over the ski. just like throwing an anchore. Safety feature.

Thread Information