Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Mod Help!!

jarrod_bridges2000

Need Mod Help!!

My xl800 is really starting to bore me. 52mph is NOT PLEASING. The SHO is fun to ride but i also like the xl800 better because its more along the lines of my ski and i want to make it faster. Have a good idea for a homemade free flow exhaust i just need to get a metal pipe to put inbetween these ( see picture) but my dad asked a guy at the boat shop about it and he said it makes it run lean and burns up the motor? I need proof from you guys that it doesent before he will let me install the pipe. Other than that what else should i do that are sort of inexpensive and not too hard to do? impeller? Sponsons? Grate? Ride plate? The thing is most people dont want to mod out a 3 seater monster family ski so its hard to find performance parts for it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103_1070.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	107877  

+1
    i havent heard of them blowing up because of a free flow. but i have heard that free flow actually makes ur ski slower. my cousin has on on his 1200 and it sounds nasty but he lost about 1 mph.
    if i were you id look into a prop,intake grate,and ride plaet to start. if you still wnat more speed then i would suggest talking to scittb or gettin a 12 or 1300. scittb has a xlt 800 that runs with the 1300s but hes got alot of money invested into that ski and alot of man hours. it depends if you are capable of installin alot of performance parts. if u are and are willing to spend the money talk to scittb hell point u in the rite direction.

jarrod_bridges2000
    Well if I get some good speed mods on it and get it up about 4mph I wont mind loosing 1mph for a good sound. Mine has to turn heads fo sho . The thing is my dad doesent want to dump alot of money into it for one, and he is afraid i will F something up if i do anything to it. he almost had a heart attack when he saw the sound suppresent system sitting on the floor of the garage. And my mom already hates it she thinks i will get hurt on it so she isnt a fan of big mods either. So i cant make super mods like another engine or something. If i wanted it to be like a racer i would just mod the SHO. This is just to sound good and be a little bit faster and possibly turn a little better also?

+1
    ok then
    i would say go for the free flow as long as you can make it work. and post a thread on the yami classifieds for a intake grate and ride plate and mabey even a prop. all this should get u anywhere from 3 to 6 mph depending if u shim the plate to max performance or not and how ur ski runs
    i am only 17 and i have learned so muc from this forum its unbelievable. i ahev a gpr800 myself thats undergoing major performance mods. if u need help just pm me im sure me or scittb can give u some advice
    wat state u live in??

+1

Thumbs up Free flow

I have the Riva free flow which is also metal..Sounds great a little loss off top end but better bottom end, and it will not blow anything up

jarrod_bridges2000
    Good ol' East Texas . Thanks for the welcome to your help too. Im shure i will be using it. I learned everything i know from pwctoday.com thats where i ususally hang out but i try to get my performance over here cause over there all the standup guys say just get a standup and dont worry about that. Over here i get real advice lol. And the thing is he would feel better if there is an aftermarket pipe for it but this one is homemade by just parts i took of the old system and put them in different places and made up the difference with a metal pipe so he isnt too happy with it. Is there an aftermarket pipe like Riva or R and D i can buy?

+1
    Hey Jarrod.

PM Zmann. I think he plays a little with that model.

+1
    yea ive heard alot of guys on this forum say that pwc today suks but im not one to judge somehting i havent tried. but yea
    scittb has a xlt that can run wit 1300s so hes very knowledgable about the xlt800. lucky for you

jarrod_bridges2000
    This isnt an XLT. This is an XL. XLT is more of a racer. XL is a huge ass monster family ski lol. And i talked to Zmann over at pwctoday and he said he doesent know too much about this model. He gave me a few suggestions a while back but im just making shure again. Gotta long winter so gotta have something to do and i thought i might as well mod my ski atleast its something productive lol. BTW thanks for all the quick help you guys are great.

+1
    ok the xlt im prety sure is just a newer version of the xl i think
    i mite be wrong
    but like i said scittb got his xlt past 60 so if u want help and have questions hes ur man.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information