Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Jared of Oklahoma
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    386

    Water Box and pipe combination

    I know this has been discussed before so I will keep this short and sweet. The mod will be done to my 1994 SLT750. I would like more top end if possible.

    I just bought a DG Tri Oval Water Box and a 92 Dry Pipe and have a question about what I can expect besides better sound.

    and here is a quote from Xlint89

    "Yes, DG Tri oval. Same day, same route, same water conditions. (just 1/2 hr later for install) To be fair though, I may have needed to rejet/readjust carbs for the Waterbox? I'm not sure. I just did a swap and test. Did notice a bit better accel as mentioned ^^^^. I find it interesting that GroupK used the DG on their 750 with positive results. Then again, they were using the stock wet pipe I believe. And I had the PSI dry pipe on mine."


    Should I take from this that maybe I should leave the stock pipe on my SLT750 to achieve slightly higher top end performance. or should I go ahead and install the dry pipe. and of course will I have to re-jet my stock carbs? and one final question- am I correct to assume that the sound change is entirely from the water box???

    thanks for any wisdom,
    Jared


  2. #2
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    That was my own personal side-by-side comparison of stock to an AM waterbox. No adjustments made to carbs, just swap out and test ride.

    The dry pipe should get better top speed results. The wet pipe is used to achieve a better acceleration from what I've learned.

    And yes, the sound level is increased strictly from the waterbox itself.

    Definately will need to adjust carbs for the dry pipe, and maybe even the waterbox even if you use the stock wet pipe.

  3. #3
    Jared of Oklahoma
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    386

    thanks for the advice, I just wish it wasn't to cold to go to the lake

    well I suppose I may have to wait until it gets warm enough to tune this ski on the water. Man it sucks waiting for summer to get here. of course I can install the parts now after the pipe gets powder coated of course.

    thanks for your advice, it is always greatly appreciated.

    Have you seen a large performance gain with the triple pipes versus dry pipe or stock pipe?



    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    That was my own personal side-by-side comparison of stock to an AM waterbox. No adjustments made to carbs, just swap out and test ride.

    The dry pipe should get better top speed results. The wet pipe is used to achieve a better acceleration from what I've learned.

    And yes, the sound level is increased strictly from the waterbox itself.

    Definately will need to adjust carbs for the dry pipe, and maybe even the waterbox even if you use the stock wet pipe.

  4. #4
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by jarcynvicnchris93 View Post

    Have you seen a large performance gain with the triple pipes versus dry pipe or stock pipe?
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pulls really hard and fast with triples.


    Only problem (if you wanna call it that) is there's no crusing speed. Only a little above idle (12-15 MPH), and hang on!!!!!!! (57+ MPH)

  5. #5
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Just so you're aware though. "Her ride" is a 750 with the PSI dry pipe, V Force reeds, OP F/A's, and a PRO CDI with an extended jet pump using a SS 6 vane which pulled a 54.3 MPH on near glass.

    Not too bad considering 48ish is about what stock 750's run.

  6. #6
    Jared of Oklahoma
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    386

    that's sweet

    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

    I wish I could get my wife into jetskis the way I am. However my 73 year old dad is ate up with the jet ski bug. I bought the SLT780 recently just for him and he loves it. I think I may have to look into the tripples here fairly soon. I probably will have to start researching here on the hulk about the best place to get a set. Probably will eventually find a set here in the classifieds. and then I can put this dry pipe on a SL750 for my daughter. Cuz I know just like every other winter I will find at least one or two SL750s in someones yard that no longer wants them. (like my SLT750 for a $100. last winter) So now I wait patiently for the deals to come.



    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Just so you're aware though. "Her ride" is a 750 with the PSI dry pipe, V Force reeds, OP F/A's, and a PRO CDI with an extended jet pump using a SS 6 vane which pulled a 54.3 MPH on near glass.

    Not too bad considering 48ish is about what stock 750's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Pulls really hard and fast with triples.


    Only problem (if you wanna call it that) is there's no crusing speed. Only a little above idle (12-15 MPH), and hang on!!!!!!! (57+ MPH)

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Triples don't come around very much. However, this year quite a few have popped up on Ebay.

    Dirtykidracing is selling a 780 with my first set of triple pipes on it. Maybe PM him?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Exhaust, water box and intercooler pipe temps
    By ssenay72 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 07:16 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
  3. WTB 08 water box and mid-pipe
    By enforcer in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. What is the best way to clean inside of water box and exhaust pipe?
    By MPower in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •