Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

GP1200r Help, Analysis!

Hey guys hows it going, i was wondering if i could get some advice from the GH members about my current build. I'm curious if any of my mods are holding me back, or if there is something vital that i am missing. I'm not looking to do too much more, but am open to suggestions.

2001 GP1200r (200hrs)

Aftermarket Individual Heads.

Bored out, Jetted, Modded, Carbs.

Flame Arrestors.

D-Plate.

Boysen Reed Stuffers.

Free Flow Exhaust.

Pump Seal Kit.

R&D Intake Grate.

R&D Ride Plate.

Solas 13/19 Impeller.

Stepped Sponsons.

Wave Eater Clips.

African-American
    +1
    there is a bunch of things you can do... depending if u want topend or holeshot.

R&D Ride Plate send it to Jim for the FF cut or to Islandracing for the Mod4, this should be good for an extra 2-5mph

Solas 13/19 Impeller -> i assume this is a concord.. Check your RPMs, you might be able to increase the pitch or get a HO pump and dynafly extra 1-2mph

Run a 800grate for increased topend.. 1-2mph

Increase the timing by 3deg.. 1-2mph

HOLESHOT KIT (jetworks, fercho method)

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    there is a bunch of things you can do... depending if u want topend or holeshot.

R&D Ride Plate send it to Jim for the FF cut or to Islandracing for the Mod4, this should be good for an extra 2-5mph

Solas 13/19 Impeller -> i assume this is a concord.. Check your RPMs, you might be able to increase the pitch or get a HO pump and dynafly extra 1-2mph

so basically.... once i get this thing up and running well in the summer i should really hone in on the RPMS and try to fine tune it? See if i have enough room for increased pitch etc... Im not crazy about going 100mph... but i want a solid ride. The water around here is usually rough, so i want to have the power to get up on the waves.

+1
    yea
    or you could get some big bore cylinders and and a set or novi or black jack carbs and really go fast.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by yz450f View Post
    yea
    or you could get some big bore cylinders and and a set or novi or black jack carbs and really go fast.

got the money for me!

+1
    The list is rather generic. The important things are missing. What compression? what RPM? What size carbs? what jetting? what F/A's. PPK is nice but is it done correctly? do a search and find info on pump shoe sealing and setting, one of the most important mods you can do. Also think about upgrading your pump shoe, ride plate and intake grate brackets and pump tunnel reinforcement, these are all must do mods.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post

I also have access to almost ANY tool ever created... and i have a lot of connections.. im sure i could get in touch with a machine shop... Is it possible to mod the ride plate myself... It wouldnt have to be anything crazy like Jim or Karl... but it would be nice to smooth it out a little bit or angle it a tad.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    The list is rather generic. The important things are missing. What compression? what RPM? What size carbs? what jetting? what F/A's. PPK is nice but is it done correctly? do a search and find info on pump shoe sealing and setting, one of the most important mods you can do. Also think about upgrading your pump shoe, ride plate and intake grate brackets and pump tunnel reinforcement, these are all must do mods.

Thanks, i appreciate the information. My compression is around 120 per cylinder... i havent put on the heads yet. I definitely need to get better numbers. My rpms havent been tuned in also because i am still in the process of properly dialing in on my carbs. Once the summer rolls around ill definetly get on top of this.

Should there be any 200hr maintenance or anything i should be looking out for?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gPsLeePeR View Post
    Thanks, i appreciate the information. My compression is around 120 per cylinder... i havent put on the heads yet. I definitely need to get better numbers. My rpms havent been tuned in also because i am still in the process of properly dialing in on my carbs. Once the summer rolls around ill definetly get on top of this.

Should there be any 200hr maintenance or anything i should be looking out for?
    If the pistons are nice I would at least do a ring job with that many hours. What condition is the crank in?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    If the pistons are nice I would at least do a ring job with that many hours. What condition is the crank in?
    I would need to look into that for you. Unfortunately i am unsure of what to look for. Sorry for my lack of information, i am still learning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information