Thumbs up New Engine with Upgrades

Hey guys,
    I have a 2000 Kawasaki 1100STX DI and my motor is shot. So my questions is would you put the same motor in or would you upgrade motors. I have good knowledge on two strokes, but not with the upgrades for Kawis. When I purchase the new engine I would like to do some upgrades to the engine while it is out. What do you guys suggest I do to the engine to increase performance?

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...roduct_Count=0

Once I figure out which engine I want, I will be sure to do a very detailed project on what I do.

Thanks, Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by capps330xi View Post
    When I purchase the new engine I would like to do some upgrades to the engine while it is out. What do you guys suggest I do to the engine to increase performance?
    You can't do much on the DI engine with your usual 2-stroke mods unless you have the right tool, software and knowledge to remap the fuel mapping - each injector has own fuel spray duration. Your best bet is to invest time and $$ on its weakness (cooling system, jet pump tunnel, etc.).

Sounds good thank you.

+1
    I think the DI hull is the first stxr /15F hull...plenty of room for a stxr 1200 motor ....pump is the same shoot everything is the same and there is a ton of extras out there for the ultra/stxr motor and electronics.

That would be my suggestion move up to the 1200 and the extra money you put in will be better then the small mods you could ever do.

Then you basically have a stxr that says DI and you smoke a bunch of people. WOW thats a fast 1100 DI.....haha.

ANyway that hull is great for hookup and loves power. I would bet the motor mounts are really close as well.

Go for it..

+1
    For the money I would have Groupk port my cases and work the rideplate. You will be at almost 60 when they are done and still have great fuel consumption.

Thread Information