Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which prop ?

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

which prop ?

hey guys,

Im upgrading my supercharger wheel/impellor to a Les cooke A+r prop (11 pounds boost)

was wondering which pump prop/pitch would be best suited.????

thanks

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    i always just add 1mm to the stock prop blades which gives good results with the a wheel it doesnt take much to get the revs right (8150 max)

+1
    so is that the 14/19 prop.. i ve looked up the online store and solas website.. there is a 14/19 and 14/19 r... is there any difference between the 2?

+1
    The "R" just means the prop was checked with pitch blocks before it left the factory as I understand it. Apparently the "R" impellors are no better than the standard model. All of them seem to have discrepancies in regards to their pitch, both at the leading edge and the trailing edge of the blade. And the blades rarely have identical pitch. Whatever you buy, you should check the prop with a pitch gage before install. As far as your original question goes, what other mods do you have on your ski besides going with that SC impellor?

+1
    no other mods, have nt fitted impeller yet, will upgrade grate, and possibly riva 4 " air intake at later stage ... and thats probably it...was wanting to do the prop and impeller at the now, do the grate and air intake in cple months...

+1
    The 4" air will add rpm's which will effect prop choice or pitch if you choose to repitch your own. It would suck to spend $300 on a prop and then hit the rev limiter constantly when you add the air mod. I'm going to buy a pitch gage so that I can repitch my own prop as mods change. Also, just riding in cool water vs a hot lake in the middle of the summer has a huge effect on rpm's which will be more noticeable with a higher boost impellor. My ski went from 8040 rpm's in the summer months to 8200 (hitting the rev limiter) at 4/5's throttle because of the change in air and water temps. Last time I rode it was 63 air and 51 water. Couldn't even get close to full throttle.

+1
    I see that your ski is an 04. Has it had the supercharger clutch washers changed out yet. The OEM washers are ceramic and are very prone to breaking which will cost alot to fix. Seadoo didn't see fit to switch to metal until 08.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    when i say add 1mm i mean bend the bak blades on your stock prop to compensate for the extra hp. its hard to find a prop that will perfectly match your mods (which constantly change) so repitching for small mods like air filter/a wheel is the easiest and cheapest option. Once you go for even more power B/C kit etc you need a bigger pitch prop but to keep the revs right where we want them often the new props will need a repitch as well as the ski performs best just below the rev limiter.

+1
    ski has had the washers added...thank god
    i only wanna do minor mods.. so i ve decided on impellor, prop and possibly grate...i dont wanna start altering sc housing, injectors etc,

I dont have anyone near me that can modify the prop so purchasing new is my only option...
    ive checked other post which discuss stage 1 as

3 or 4 inch air intake,
    pump wedge and vts rod ext,
    prop
    intake grate.
    *no mention of impellor on stage 1 and if different prop required.

i ride on fresh water and some surf and am worried about water ingestion if i alter air intake,and grate out in the ruff stuff, so it s why i guess i wanna keep it simple..

so i d prefer prop and impellor for simplicity...

11 psi wheel @ 8100 rpm (les cooke a+)

prop pitch is the question??????? suggestions???

+1
    bump

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information