04-02-2006, 07:01 AM #1
1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
5. Why do we say something is out of whack?
What is a whack?
6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same
7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the
8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?
9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
10. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?
11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the
13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?
14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite
15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when
we use them?
25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?
27. Christmas oxymoron: What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
04-02-2006, 09:02 AM #2
04-02-2006, 11:15 AM #3
those are good Rafi
Hot water heater
Reasonable Attorney's Fees
New York culture
"Now, then ..."
Synthetic natural gas
Temporary tax increase
Twelve-ounce pound cake
Diet ice cream
04-02-2006, 12:53 PM #4
04-02-2006, 02:06 PM #5Oxymorons? = Woody + Abbott!
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM #6
Always wondered why goods transported by ship are called "cargo" when goods transported by car(or truck) are called "shipment". What gives ??
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RX951 in forum Open DiscussionReplies: 41Last Post: 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
By RX951 in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 25Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
By TorquePhoto in forum Honda PerformanceReplies: 31Last Post: 03-28-2007, 12:59 AM