Thread: RXP/RXT racing

RXP/RXT racing

sooooo I raced my buddy in his RXP a couple weekends ago, dead even before i got my ride plate done at Jim's. Then I raced another rxp this weekend and lost by a few boats, all races were in rough water, I porposed and he didnt, and I also raced an RXT and he got me too cuz of the rough WHAT CAN I DO

get ahold of Fecho(package)

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Lake Butler, FL.
    Take some comfort in knowing this much:

If you're running above 70 (which I realize the rough affects this) and you got beat then he's not stock...Stock the absolute best my RXP would turn just a few hours North of you was 68...69+ with the rideplate holes filled and a little cleaning on the rideplate...

To go 72+ you're talking:
    Intake Grate
    Rideplate holes filled
    SC impeller

Of course it's still run what you brung...

Waxahachie, TX
    The RXP hull may suck for cornering and glass speed, but once you remove the OPAS and add a good grate, it is tough to beat in straight line chop. Especially once you start upping the HP. rxpstan and I outran a few fast GPRs in the chop last year at Mudbug. It was somewhat surprising to me as well as those same skis could easily outrun us on the glass.

take a look at some fine chop racing in this video
    look a time line 6:30

Have not seen that in a while it sure makes me want to come.

Talk about a GPR fest

Love those fast skis
    There should be a bigger mix this year I think.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    muskegon michigan
    Question: What is it exactly that makes a RXP handle chops so poorly(or slow down) when stock then? See My Dad has a rxp and rides like a mad man! And my 1200 gpr with a "pro-tec wake up kit" an a 13/19 solas concord,and the center TWO BARS CUT out of my intake grate, I could just Start to pull a way from him last year in the "mild chops"(1-1.5 foot), but then we would hit a smoother spot and he would KILL ME! but I could gain two to three boat lenghts on him. when I say "poorly" I mean slower compared to smooth proformance, I do not mean this as a DIG,

But then again, My wife runs a 2004 1300 that in the same chops would not keep up with me also, I found this result AFTER I put on the concord impeller. I found a day and night differance with this prop and rough water.
    Does any any one run a concord that has found this? I do not hear of the concord being spoke of much?

well, I'm not so sure I'm running over 70 now. I dont have a GPS but what i was going by is my friend has an 04' RXP and he said he got clocked going 69. When i raced him with everything i have now except the ride plate mod, it was back and forth just depending on who hit what chop at what time. But when i raced this other guys this weekend in some rough and another RXP in some smooth it seems like they still get me either way. Like i cant catch them in the smooth long enough or something? Shouldnt I be running 71ish with the stuff i have listed? Does the Fercho/Kerry package help this out a lot? Thanks for all the previous replies every1

Houston, Texas
    Package boats are running 75+ with full tank of fuel.

ooooOOOOoooo sounds good to me

Thread Information