My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Question Do the Older model STXs have limiters?

Hey guys I was sitting up in my dorm "studying" for finals and thinking about my 04 12-f and the thought crossed my mind that the highest my "DREAMOMETER" has ever read was 70 which was at about 7k on the stock tach and it got me thinking that maybe it is limited like the newer skis, not like it would go that fast but just a thought. My other question to y'all is what type of gps do you use, because I'm hoping to pick one up after Christmas.

Thanks
    Sean

Non of the Kawasaki's is "limited" by anything electronic. Any speed hinderance is thru the rideplate and the Impeller. Your 12F might be able to run faster by changing these out but by how much I couldn't say.

The manufacturers "limit" the speed once the machines approach 65mph with full fuel and two passengers so the 12F wasn't any danger of going over.

Never trust the Speedometer.

+1
    I have a Garmin GPSmap76 that I use, I do alot of river riding and ride on a couple of lakes with 300+ miles of shore line ... One being Greers Ferry lake in ark and Pickwick lake in Tn. Both are places you can get lost on easily. You might not want to invest in something like that but most of your Garmins are great. Big thing is make sure its water proof.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    My reason for asking this was just to see if it was, because I have observed that it never goes above 70 on the speedo. Right now I'm looking into engine mods and then the impeller because I don't want to have to get it repitched 8 times. With the rideplate whats is the word on the reverse brakcets, do you need them and how do they attach?

thanks

Sean

Thread Information