Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Methonal Injection?

What's up guys? I'm new to the forum but been riding for years. I looked over the forum quickly and couldn't find anyone who has tried methonal injection, as I said "quickly"
    I've got an Evo and a lightning with it. I noticed huge gains but even more with the lightning (68whp) because superchargers run so hot.
    The only mod to my 07 rxp is resonator delete. I'm on my 3rd motor with 120hrs total on the machine lol, Gotta love the warranty Anyways, what are the have to do mods. I'm assuming grate, intake(I can make something and just slap a k&N on the end) and prop to have a little more fun?
    Thanks for your time guys

+1
    These ski's can handle upwards of 20 psi boost without detonation issues. The Methanol only helps if you need some way to suppress detonation.

I, personally, am not a fan of Meth at all. I have a kit on my Z28 and am currently re-tuning to get rid of it. It's like Nitrous in the reliability. Too many things can go wrong and they don't become evident until it's too late. I smoked about 3 motors in the Z due to various problems with the Meth injection. And, yes, I have an expensive, high quality kit.

Mike

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum

Three motors... 120 hrs. What the hell are you doing to that thing

Please don't say ceramic washers both times

hmm

I understand it can handle 20lbs but it's the fact that the stock intercooler lets the motor heat soak and isn't very efficient. I'm not saying you maybe right or wrong but you don't have to raise the boost to gain power. Reason for Meth is eq. to running race gas which lets you advance you timing. Boost can make tons of power but if you keep pulling timing to run more boost you're not gaining. That's why I asked about meth and seeing if anyone has tried it. I've never had a problem with Snows kit. Are you blowing motors or hydrolocking? Something doesn't sound right.
    As for 3 motors in 120 hrs I guess I just got a lemon. Blew 3 chargers and that took the first motor out. Next i got about 30 hours on it and the oil pump failed and locked. Next motor from Seadoo it looks like they might have overtighten the connecting rod bolts on #3Rod and boom after 15 hrs. I would have preferred a new ski lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysgsx14 View Post
    I understand it can handle 20lbs but it's the fact that the stock intercooler lets the motor heat soak and isn't very efficient. I'm not saying you maybe right or wrong but you don't have to raise the boost to gain power. Reason for Meth is eq. to running race gas which lets you advance you timing. Boost can make tons of power but if you keep pulling timing to run more boost you're not gaining. That's why I asked about meth and seeing if anyone has tried it. I've never had a problem with Snows kit. Are you blowing motors or hydrolocking? Something doesn't sound right.
    Meth allows you to add timing and/or boost to gain power. As far as I know, no one has reached a detonation limit on pump gas, whether it be by raising timing or boost. The bigger problem seems to be finding a reliable way to get 20 psi of boost to the engine. If you can figure that out, then you're better than 99% of us and then you can move on to Meth. Even still, you'll be running a $5k aftermarket EFI system and the intake manifold will explode before you really need the Meth.

On my car, I originally bought a kit specifically designed for Methanol. It seems there was a mix-up with the supplier and I wound up with rubber in the pump that failed. The pump would spray fine every time I tested it, but it wasn't putting up the pressure or flow needed to get the desired amount. It took lots of broken pistons before I figured out the problem. Later, an electrical glitch caused it to run intermittently. Luckily, I didn't blow a motor this time.

When I first got into it, I too thought that Meth injection was the best thing since sliced bread. However, I've come to realize that the fundamental design flaw of Methanol (and nitrous) is that the system doesn't have to function properly, or at all, to drive/ride the vehicle normally. A problem only becomes evident when a piston melts. On any other forced induction vehicle, a problem with the fuel pump, injectors, or ignition system would become evident under normal driving conditions so you know ahead of time not to run full throttle.

Mike

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Get a good IC.... Fvck meth.

As for 3 motors in 120 hrs I guess I just got a lemon. Blew 3 chargers and that took the first motor out. Next i got about 30 hours on it and the oil pump failed and locked. Next motor from Seadoo it looks like they might have overtighten the connecting rod bolts on #3Rod and boom after 15 hrs. I would have preferred a new ski lol.
    Why would you stay with the stock IC? If you add a big SC with the stock IC I've been told you run the risk of detonation. Where did you get the idea that we're pulling timing when adding boost?

As for must do mods...http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

I don't wanna sound like I know it all ,not true at all. I know cars and what not and typically your computer will retard timing when adding boost. Like I said I don't know these jetski's that well, I just thought it was a good question and now you guys have answered it. So no one uses race gas in these things ? They must with the turbo applications?

So Like I asked bang for buck, what should be my first couple mods? Simply the stage 1 ? How about these freebie mods, are they legit? seems funny to simply plug some holes and gain a whole mph.

Thanks for you help you guys. Looking forward to tweaking the rxp

So Like I asked bang for buck, what should be my first couple mods? Simply the stage 1 ? How about these freebie mods, are they legit? seems funny to simply plug some holes and gain a whole mph.
    Holes are more like 0.5mph. I think 1mph is wishful thinking.

Did you check the link I posted above? It explains everything pretty well.

That link was perfect Rxp-Rex. Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information