Potential SLT750 Owner

I have a guy wanting to trade his 95 Polaris SLT750 for my 95 Suzuki RM250 dirt bike. He says the ski is all stock and has a rebuilt engine in it as of a few years ago. I haven't seen the ski in person yet but it looks to be in decent shape. Is this a good deal? Is there anything I should know about Polaris, like availability of parts. Anything I should look for when I see the ski? I know little to nothing about them.

Thanks in advance

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

The SLT750 is a great platform with a few recommended upgrades it will last a long time.. Speed on a stocker is around 48MPH but it is a nice ride. They sell for around 1k in good condition. parts are available new and used..

+1
    Welcome to the polaris brotherhood ttugrad95 You are in the right place. My first ski and still have it 95 slt750. Great machine ! Like beerdart said a few up grades to keep runnnig great, ( check beerdarts 785 slt 750 on you tube) put in pro 785 man that video will get your blood pumping. Make sure you turn up the volume, just wish I could smell the cycle smoke. Get ready because your gonna be hooked.!!!! These guys are great on here they go beyond the call of duty to help you out. Welcome!!!!!!! Hey when start looking around the forum go to polaris projects and check start of pro 785 that my machine the guys are helping me rebuild.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk ttu.

What he said ^^^^^^ is very accurate.

The motor was rebuilt by who? There's a commonly used place for rebuilds that isn't the best from what I've heard.

Does it come with a trailer? If not, tack on another $300 to the cost.

Get a compression reading on all 3 cyls. 120 psi ans above would be really good. No cyl should be more than 10% from another.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

GO 4 IT

I have a 94 SLT. I have always had minor problems with it. Now I am learning to tune it myself and a few other things so... I have 5 ski's, my favorite is my Polaris. It would be the last one I'd sell. It's a fun ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    I have a 94 SLT. I have always had minor problems with it. Now I am learning to tune it myself and a few other things so... I have 5 ski's, my favorite is my Polaris. It would be the last one I'd sell. It's a fun ride.
    Dang it boy!!!!! five skis???? you got me by two no wonder the bears spending so much time out there Owe sorry did not mean to high jack a thread. My daughter rides the slt 750 alot now. It is a great machine for kids handles like a boat. It will not throw you off like the two seaters and is easyer for two to ride, plus it does a great job of pulling a tube!!!! Miss the old days of motocross. Raced the 125 and 250 class 25 years ago. We never even thought of the things the young guys do today x games.

Thanks for the input guys. I may check it out, have another guy wanting to trade a 95 Kawasaki STS. I guess they are both comparable skis I would probably go with the one that seemed to be in the best shape, running and appearance. The SLT does not have a trailer, they guy sold it but said he "knew where some were". Not sure what that means but I would insist he find a trailer and it be part of the deal.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Thread Information