Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: hour meter

  1. #1

    hour meter

    Can anyone tell me where the hour meter is on my 04 RXP? and are they hard to change ?and are they expensive ?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5x0 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the hour meter is on my 04 RXP? and are they hard to change ?and are they expensive ?
    Your hour meter is incorporated into your MPEM module... push your mode key till the hours are shown.

    There is no "so called" replaceable hour meter.

    Only a dealer with the BUDS software can modify the hours on the ski.

    What are your thoughts with replacing the hour meter

    Look out guys... there's an 04 RXP on ebay with 2 hrs. total

  3. #3
    2.3tbuggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    28
    I have used BUDS a few times, but hardly have any experience with the program. I leave that to our techs. To the best of my limited BUDS knowledge, I don't think we can modify the "hours" in the MPEM. We can reset the maintenance meter, but unless the MPEM is replaced I don't think the hour meter is resetable.

    Someone, please correct me if im wrong....

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.3tbuggy View Post
    I have used BUDS a few times, but hardly have any experience with the program. I leave that to our techs. To the best of my limited BUDS knowledge, I don't think we can modify the "hours" in the MPEM. We can reset the maintenance meter, but unless the MPEM is replaced I don't think the hour meter is resetable.

    Someone, please correct me if im wrong....
    If you have to replace the MPEM... the hours have to be updated properly to match the original hours on the ski.

    BUDS has the ability to update MPEM hours!

  5. #5
    2.3tbuggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    If you have to replace the MPEM... the hours have to be updated properly to match the original hours on the ski.

    BUDS has the ability to update MPEM hours!

    That makes sense...

    I would imagine (or hope) that it must keep some kind of a record or mark in the MPEM if its been modified for whatever reason. If not, that would make it way to easy for a dealer to "modify" the hours for resale benefits.

  6. #6

    RE: hour meter

    No nothing like that selling on ebay, my hour meter jumps from 90 to 96 hours everyonce in awhile was wondering what would make that do that ?

  7. #7
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Maybe a couple of bad/flakey pixels in the display are causing that... Ron

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Adding a hour meter
    By DSquare in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 02:19 PM
  2. Can't find hour meter??????
    By billywilly in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 04:53 PM
  3. Dead hour meter on '97 GTX
    By KevinS in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:46 PM
  4. Hour meter
    By mysilvstang in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
  5. Hour meter
    By 05gtxsc in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •