Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile R&D or Riva Performer Kit for SHO?

Looking at improving the performance of the SHO i have just purchased i do not want to tamper with the internals of the motor. I am looking at the R&D or River Performer kits. I Would like a non supplier opinion on the kits as which would be better both claim 68-70mph is this accurate as i have used parts from both supplies and there claims are not quite accurate in previous instances any help from someone who has had experiance or used the parts would be helpfull.

+1
    Manufacturers descriptions not accurate...prob has someting to do with them being written by their marketing depts. I don't think anyone has posted results on the R&D grate but I use the Riva and it works great. The R&D ride plate adds some speed & better handling but loses hookup in the chop. Riva has not released theirs yet. I got good results with the Riva filter but haven't seen much posted on R&D's. Some of us decided to stay away from it because we do a lot of offshore riding and where it mounts there might be more possibility of water ingestion. R&D's CFM kit will outperform Riva's manifold piece but needs a prop repitch to stay off the limiter. I'm guessing the exhaust pieces will perform about the same. I use the Riva sponsons and have mixed feelings on them. They make the boat more responsive but set full agressive are a bitch in the chop. A couple weeks back I was standing up watching someone do a speed run & hit some chop at ~50 and got launched. My advice is to use the search button & research each part individually from others experiences and pick the ones you feel will work best with your application. There's no need to pick one company and buy their package.

My speed results to date:
    Stock - 67.0
    + Riva grate/R&D pump seal kt - 67.2 with better hookup & reduced cavitation
    + Rva intake - 68.4 with improved throttle response

Quote Originally Posted by Darren1800 View Post
    Looking at improving the performance of the SHO i have just purchased i do not want to tamper with the internals of the motor. I am looking at the R&D or River Performer kits. I Would like a non supplier opinion on the kits as which would be better both claim 68-70mph is this accurate as i have used parts from both supplies and there claims are not quite accurate in previous instances any help from someone who has had experiance or used the parts would be helpfull.
    Okay. Stay with me on this. Purchased my 09 SHO from Riva with RPM Kit (free-flow exhaust, power filter, intake grate, intake manifold upgrade) already installed, so have no 'stock' reference for you. I gps's at 67mph with these aftermarket components. Thought it should have been more but this was at only 12 hrs, in salt water, and with 3/4 tank fuel. Recently installed R&D's Ride plate, C1 Monster charger wheel, Intercooler cooling system, 13/23 Pro Pitch Impeller, Anticavitation Cone, Hydro force steering nozzle, and Surge Protector Valve. My SHO then gps'd at 66mph! Figured pressure bleeding from Surge valve, we replaced it with the old hose. Wa la, instant improvement in both low-end power and top-end. Gps'd at 70.4mph, again with 3/4 tank to keep consistent, and at close to 18hrs. So ya, 70mph attainable but gonna cost you some $clink$, lol. Hope this helps.

+1
    Uh oh. I bought one of those too after several people told me they are a POS. If mine leaks boost like that I hope they will still take it back after 30 days.

+1
    BTW, did you install the cooling kit yourself? If so, how hard was it?

Sorry, football update, lol. Ya, that Surge Valve sucks yo. Needs an adjuster or somethin. Um, the Intercooler cooling system was installed by DP (aka The Wizard). He da man!! I wouldn't have a clue, haha

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Uh oh. I bought one of those too after several people told me they are a POS. If mine leaks boost like that I hope they will still take it back after 30 days.
    Update re: surge protector valve. According to R&D, need to also install the Multi Port Adaptor (b/w the map sensor and map sensor bracket) in order for the surge protector to work right. This wasn't made clear to us. Guess I've got no choice but to order that as well and have it sent with the Intercooler Core. Will let ya know if it resolves the boost loss issues once we get and install it. Until then I'll have to run without it. On their website they also have an upgraded version called the R&D Billet Surge Protector Valve, aluminum, to replace the plastic Bosch valve.

+1
    Thanks for the update. I already have the adaptor, so I'll have some results next week as well.

Great! Can't wait to see how that works for you, keep me posted.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caymansho View Post
    Update re: surge protector valve. According to R&D, need to also install the Multi Port Adaptor (b/w the map sensor and map sensor bracket) in order for the surge protector to work right. This wasn't made clear to us. Guess I've got no choice but to order that as well and have it sent with the Intercooler Core. Will let ya know if it resolves the boost loss issues once we get and install it. Until then I'll have to run without it. On their website they also have an upgraded version called the R&D Billet Surge Protector Valve, aluminum, to replace the plastic Bosch valve.
    What does the port adaptor have to do with the plastic Bosch valve opening too early? Is this BOV adjustable? What is it set at from R&D?

That does'nt make any sense.....

With the offSHOre riding i do and as much as i beat up my ski.....i think im going with the HKS QSV like Bruce used on the GPR-SHO conversion.......somebody else did a beautiful job installing one on their SHO....who was it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information