+1

question about speed loss???

I installed a pump wedge and riva ride plate on my 07 15f back in the summer. Took it out and ran it with another completely bone stock 06 15f. The 06 pulled me about 4 to 5 boat leights on the top end . I had the gps with me and found out that with the combo of the pump wedge and the ride place the ski lost about 2mph on the top end. Now the ski runs great on the bottom end, the bow steer is gone in rough water... rough meaning close to white capping. The speed loss is with the fuel tank approx 1/2 to 1/4 on the guage. Any Ideas, suggestions,???

Take the wedge off. when you bring the nose out of the water like you are with the ride plate and the wedge, you lose steering ability. The wedge is dangerous and really makes no difference.

Stupid question, but did you put the wedge on correctly? And I didnít know Riva made a 15F plate. They make one for the 250x, and it SUCKS in rough water! You need to figure out if that setup caused you to loose speed. Remove and install your stock back on. Then run it, get some numbers, then re-install and run again. You can install the wedge, and run, get the second baseline #, then install the Riva plate, and get the gps# as well. Then you can see what's causing your speed loss. Lengthy process, but you gotta figure out where your loosing speed.

+1
    thanks .. , Yes i installed the wedge with the fat side down making the nozzle point more upwards. I have since removed the R&D ride plate and the wedge and reinstalled the stock ride plate. OOPs hope riva don't hate me to bad for that little mix up. lol. It will be around mid may before i can start getting new numbers on everything , but it will be worth the extra work to get this ski right. Thanks Dubz and Kawaskai.

Thread Information