There are some Polaris Twins out there that cost 10,000

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    There are some Polaris Twins out there that cost 10,000
    for 10k i want the twins from "a double shot of love" tv show hahahahahahah
    mattman

+1
    The price isn't to bad if it's been built by the right people and you are going to use it for competition. Who is Carl's Cycle?...unless they have been building and modifying watercraft engines for years, I would stay far away from this thing. Watercraft engines and setup are completely different than snowmobiles, cycles and ATVs. Sure they may have been able to put it together and make it run but who know if it really works right...maybe that's why the guy is selling JUST the engine with a new top end in the first place. Keep in mind these high cc two cylinder engines are meant for short run times and at low rpms with short quick bursts...for freestyle tricks. This is not a motor for rec riding all day at high rpm speeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    The price isn't to bad if it's been built by the right people and you are going to use it for competition. Who is Carl's Cycle?...unless they have been building and modifying watercraft engines for years, I would stay far away from this thing. Watercraft engines and setup are completely different than snowmobiles, cycles and ATVs. Sure they may have been able to put it together and make it run but who know if it really works right...maybe that's why the guy is selling JUST the engine with a new top end in the first place. Keep in mind these high cc two cylinder engines are meant for short run times and at low rpms with short quick bursts...for freestyle tricks. This is not a motor for rec riding all day at high rpm speeds.

I talked to Randy quite some time ago and asked him about building a big cc 2 cylinder and he told me to go to Carl's Cycle for the kit. I think if memory serves me correct I think that Carl's Cylcles worked with Eric Malone on this engine back when.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I think if memory serves me correct I think that Carl's Cylcles worked with Eric Malone on this engine back when.
    i remember eric(and his) ski's back in the day and the only thing faster than his ski, were the woman he picked up at the bars or eric (licka lot a p-s) ability to find the hottest "local" talent
    DAM I WANT TO GO BACK ON TOUR those are some of the best times i cant remember
    mattman

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I talked to Randy quite some time ago and asked him about building a big cc 2 cylinder and he told me to go to Carl's Cycle for the kit. I think if memory serves me correct I think that Carl's Cylcles worked with Eric Malone on this engine back when.
    That's cool...if that's the case back in the day, then one could feel more comfortable about the engine. Just do your research of the engine before you are willing to spend that kind of money for it.

+1
    Carls Cycle is Jack Struthers, whom some consider to be quite the Polaris guru. He's definately got watercraft experience.

Reknown for Polaris engine performance, Carl’s Cycle Performance has expertise in engine tuning and modifications for snowmobiles, dirt bikes, Sportbikes, ATVs and watercraft.

Carl's custom case or cylinder porting specs are developed by Jack Struthers, Snowmobile Hall Of Famer, snowmobile and watercraft legend, and all-around powersports enthusiast. To quote Snowest Magazine's Steve Janes in their recent 2005 Deep Powder Challenge, "Any time you let Jack Struthers build your engine, you know you're going to get much more power that's been hiding or untapped."

m

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Carls Cycle is Jack Struthers, whom some consider to be quite the Polaris guru. He's definately got watercraft experience.

m
    The guy should have just said Jack's name instead of the shop as he's much more known. I don't think to many people realize that's the deal there...like me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information