Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 HydroDrag news

WaterTop Unlimited is planning on producing three HydroDrag Events for the 2009 season.

Planned events includes:
    Spring National April 4-5 C-54 Canal Fellsmere, FL
    Summer National July TBD - South East
    Fall National Early November C-54 Canal Fellsmere, FL

*Tentative
    These will be two day events. Vintage and Stock on Saturdays - Limited and Unlimited on Sundays

RIVA Racing will return as significant sponsor
    More news to come soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterTop View Post
    WaterTop Unlimited is planning on producing three HydroDrag Events for the 2009 season.

Planned events includes:
    Spring National April 4-5 C-54 Canal Fellsmere, FL
    Summer National July TBD - South East
    Fall National Early November C-54 Canal Fellsmere, FL

*Tentative
    These will be two day events. Vintage and Stock on Saturdays - Limited and Unlimited on Sundays

RIVA Racing will return as significant sponsor
    More news to come soon

Did you figure out the starting issue? Maybe quick releases on the tow hooks in the back? I think that could be simpler to do reliable and cheap.

Talking

After reveiw of the past two events, listenning to competitors, and revisiting the entire concept, we are very satisified with the Launch Pad on delivering fair and exciting starts. Those who practiced several starts had no issues and truly "launched" for the gate in their particular heats.

To respond to your suggestion of tow hook release, there are several reason why we have choosen to go a different route.
    - attaching tow hooks would ecourage riders to give more thrust, this would put much more tension on the launch pad anchoring system, we already use four very large anchors to hold the pad in place and they are testing, even with the thrust flumes redirecting much of the thurst.
    - The pad is intended to add an element of skill to the race, more than holding wide open and going. (this actually produces a vacuum effect and negates quicker accceleration beleive it or not).
    - As simple as it might sound, to construct a release mechanism that will hold back roughly 300-700 pounds of tension, keep the machines straight, THEN release it 1000 times is not that easy

Again, we invite anybody and encourage everybody to build a better mouse trap, as we want this activity to grow, but for us we are sticking to our Launch Pad. We like it and it adds a cool visual.

We have taken a collection of areas where the event can continue to get better and we will soon offer this document addressing the points participants and industry experts have brought up.

sincerely
    tmc

if u use hooks with a couple of lb release 2 hold the skis in place at the start that will release once the throttle is hit u wont have that much force on the platfrom if someone brakes free befor the green light the he is red flag just enought to hold the skis at idle

+1
    This would be a real PIA. Some ski's will have more thrust than others at idle and it would be tough to get it just right.

+1
    Where are you thinking for the summer event? Do you recommend a hotel to stay at near the spring and fall events? Thanks

+1
    Thanks for considering my suggestion... You do have your reasons

+1
    IMO............ im not hip to two day events as MOST WILL NOT be around for two days........... SPECTATORS INCLUDED.............hope we could be MORE EFFICIENT and do a ONE day event with some order by EVERYONE.....earlier start times and the whole shooting match.......thanks for the consideration its appreciated.

p.s. and thanks for the $ i got in the mail from last event!

+1
    I was actually there and got to race on it, and I think the starting gate was awesome.

A 2 day event is almost necessary due to the number of contestants. You could probably squeeze it into 1 day, but the freaking arguing and bickering would need to be moved off the race course next time.

+1
    [quote=WFO;902760]I was actually there and got to race on it, and I think the starting gate was awesome.

A 2 day event is almost necessary due to the number of contestants. You could probably squeeze it into 1 day, but the freaking arguing and bickering would need to be moved off the race course next time.[/quote]

DEFINATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its called a PIT PASS! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information