2003 XPDI fuel pump replacement

Hey guys, Wayniac is hooking me up with a replacement fuel pump and I am going to install it. Is there a sticky on how to do this? I have heard about bleeding the fuel system and that sort of thing does anyone have pointers? Thanks

explude, are you able to tell me how your old fuel pump let go? What were the symptoms that lead to the pump being the issue?

Cheers

you should grab the shop manual from sticky post at top of forum - it is free. hopefully you don't need to move the tank to change the pump; i've never done it on a xpdi. i've always just popped the lines off after pwc has been sitting for a while.
    i'm still looking for a bad fuel pump for a project, or top plastic section of it - let me know if you want to get rid of your old pump.

nothing really hard about changing out a FP just have to get access to it. There is about 8-12 nuts and washers that secure it to the tank. You just have to remember where to index the pump to. there should only be one way to install it but usually hard to look down on bolt pattern to match up so just remember where the fuel lines point and you'll be fine. As for bleeding you don't have to, because you have a feed and return fuel line so I'll take care of that for you. Oh don't over tighten the nuts for the pump....the studs are only 5mm and they are mounted in plastic. =)

Sorry for the long delay guys wayniac was hit pretty hard by the winter storms so he couldn't get the pump to me right away. The ski started to cut out and wouldn't run over 15 mph then after a minute it would kick in and start running great. Then it quit working all together all this happened over the course of one day. I took it to the dealer and they said new pump. Wayniac was able to get me a 04 XPDI pump the one that has the supposed update! Anyway the pump came out super easy just removed those bolts. Have not had a chance to put new pump in just yet. Was wondering if I needed to use those pinch clamps on the pump lines or would good ol' pipe clamps work? Yeah if anyone wants the old pump let me know!

Thread Information