Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ugh...

Ugh...

Well, Lately I have been thinking about getting a dog. So I found a litter of lab pups for sale. I picked myself out a 9 week old black lab female. She had all her papers for shots. Well when we got home she throws up her food. No problem puppies do that sometime. Well it continues along with diarrhea and a loss of appetite. So she is currently spending the night at the animal hospital because the vet suspects she may have parvo. I remember reading not to long ago about how frecho went through the same thing. It sucks.... its only been 72 hours and one becomes so attached. Man I hope she pulls through.

http://www.parvoguard.com/

My wife spoke to a lady at the gym that raises dogs and she told my wife to give the dog, pedialite, pepto bismol and motion sickness medicine, and that she has had great luck with it many times.

There is also that other alternative medicine that I posted.

Good Luck!!!

Good luck with your pup! And about that attachment thing, your not alone. Let us know how it turns out.

That's why I won't own another animal. Same happened to me years ago and never got over it. Every time I hear somebody going through the same thing it just tears me apart...

Just got word from the vet. They are pretty sure she had coronavirus and now she's doing alright. She is now eating, holding food down, and up and active. I can possibly pick her up late tonight if she holds down her evening meds. I'll try to post some pics when I get home this evening.

Remember that feeling. In about 6 months she will have eaten your favorite pair of shoes, gnawed on leg or corner of your favorite wood furniture, eaten your wallet, repeatedly digs thru the trash............you don't have any leather furniture, do you? Oh yeah, it will be eaten too.

You will need to 'bring back that loving feeling' to keep you from chokeing your dog.

+1
    I've owned labs for years. My vet told me that it is in their (Labs) nature to chew on things... even more than most dogs. He also told me that when they grew their permanent teeth..... they would chew even more! WTF! They also dig out of boredom and to stay cool.

After 2 years, they just stop. You need a sacrificial shoe. For sure get some leather bones, the big ones. You will save yourself some grief.

I read this book called "WATERDOG" and it is about training Labs for hunting. It did a lot more than that for me. It taught me how to train my dogs to behave and to understand them. The most important point that it tried to make to me was that if my dog did not know how to do something, it was because I was not smart enough to teach them. Labs are that smart, and the book shows you how to bring it out of them.

Don't know if you have ever trained a dog before, but if you haven't then this is the book.

Best of luck on your new pup.

One last thing... let her sleep with one of your T shirts that you've worn. That's how she will bond to you.

Yeah I grew up with labs. Had one as a kid and my uncle has two as hunting dogs. I love them. IMO they are one of the most loyal and gental dogs. I am all to familiar with how they chew. Anything of value (laptop cords, wallets, shoes,...) is picked up off the floor or put in a closed off room. Im sure she will eventually find a way to get to things. Here are some pics.

Just a beauty Congrats, Best of luck, Hey brother hit the sun your looking a little to pale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information