Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could someone post a pic of dual cooling on XPL.

I would like to see a pic of where you tapped the pump, and where you ran the water line into the hull. Also what size water line did you use? This is for a twin pipe dual-reverse cooling.

Thanks

Noone has a picture of how they did this? Would really like to know the best way to get the water back into the hull after tapping the pump.

I never even herd of doing this ona Seadoo. It sounds more like a Yamaha thing. (dont mean they dont do it)

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    I never even herd of doing this ona Seadoo. It sounds more like a Yamaha thing. (dont mean they dont do it)
    I will be running a twin pipe set up, adds more cooling.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I've heard of it, but have never done it.

+1
    Here... This is the setup we used.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The info on PWC today is correct. I tapped the pump directly opposite to the OEM fitting and used a 90 degree elbow. I fitted a hose from here to the point where you normally flush the ski. This was fitted with a large brass adapter and a straight fitting.

The two water inlet hoses were then fitted to the Exhaust manifolds. This splits the water between the pipes and the head. I ran 4 pissers - 2 at 3/8 and two that were larger. The two 3/8 pissers expelled the water from the stinger end of the pipes. The larger ones expelled the water from the top of the head and the side of the 951 engine.

The reason it was plumbed this way is so that the water cools the exhaust manifolds first, keeping under hood temperatures lower and ensures that the cylinders are not hit with stone cold water while doing high revs.

Pisser location is up to you. A fellow rider ran the pissers into the footwells to keep his feet warm in winter!!

I also use the stock inline oil filters to ensure that fine grains of sand do not pass through the water lines. These are cleaned regularly but protect the engine and twin pipes from sand blockages etc.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletor88 View Post
    Pisser location is up to you. A fellow rider ran the pissers into the footwells to keep his feet warm in winter!!
    thats pretty good, except it'd suck in the summer time

[quote=skeletor88;911507]The info on PWC today is correct. I tapped the pump directly opposite to the OEM fitting and used a 90 degree elbow. I fitted a hose from here to the point where you normally flush the ski. This was fitted with a large brass adapter and a straight fitting. What size fitting did you use coming out of the pump? Where did you find the brass adapter?

The two water inlet hoses were then fitted to the Exhaust manifolds. This splits the water between the pipes and the head. I ran 4 pissers - 2 at 3/8 and two that were larger. The two 3/8 pissers expelled the water from the stinger end of the pipes. The larger ones expelled the water from the top of the head and the side of the 951 engine. Top of the head meaning the stock water inlet? Side meaning the case drain line? What size were the larger ones 1/2" ?

The reason it was plumbed this way is so that the water cools the exhaust manifolds first, keeping under hood temperatures lower and ensures that the cylinders are not hit with stone cold water while doing high revs.

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information