Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need engine help with RXP

I have a 05 RXP. Just changed valve springs and thermostat. Also had a riva intercooler, went ahead and hooked it up. Took it out today did not run right 6000 rpm tops then started pushing milky oil into breather. The plugs all felt oily when I took them out. The anti freeze level did not drop but the oil level is high on the dip stick. Could use some direction.

Start by pumping out some Oil through the dipstick tube until it is half way between the bends of the dipstick with the unit level on the trailer. (cold engine)

If the oil is truly milky (water contaminated) then you may have a leaking Cylinder Head gasket. You need to assure the Head and HGasket is installed correctly and then follow the boil out procedure to get the water out of the Oil~~~ F-A-S-T !
    Before any damage occurs. Do I board search on the words "Boil Out",, I wrote this up last summer. It works very well and saved a neighbor of mine a replacement engine.

I'm sure others will chime in with further tips/direction.

DvD
    Last edited by David_HX_RXP; 12-20-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: x-rtra info

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    sounds like oil over filled and a fouled plug but you need to get oil level right then compression test. and hope for the best, was it fine before you did the mods? was the intercooler new? and if not new get it pressure tested.

need engine help RXP

The engine was fine before the mods. I bought the intercooler from a guy off this sight from Tampa, had it since summer just didn't get it in. I am going to try and get the last of the milky oil out before I leave for the holiday. If not I'll just deal with it when I get home. It would seem to me at this point the engine will be questionable.

+1
    IC could be leaking water into the intake tract

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    IC could be leaking water into the intake tract
    well, THAT'S easy enough to check:
    A. Pull the air tubes: is there water inside the S/C?
    B. Pull the S/C: Run Water through the coolant line, is it leaking into the air sides?

JP

+1
    Ya, quick and easy check
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    well, THAT'S easy enough to check:
    A. Pull the air tubes: is there water inside the S/C?
    B. Pull the S/C: Run Water through the coolant line, is it leaking into the air sides?

JP

need engine help RXP

I think all the water is out of the engine now. The engine seems to run good got it to temp. on trailer in lake. Oil looks good when it is sucked out. Does the water go into the cylinder then around the rings into the crank case when the inter cooler leaks. Pulled the intake hose off the inter cooler water droplets in it. Going to contact the person from Tampa that I bought it from to check his reaction to what he sold me.

+1
    Sounds like IC may be leaking. Try and pressurize the water side of the IC and look/ listen for leaks
    Quote Originally Posted by divin10 View Post
    I think all the water is out of the engine now. The engine seems to run good got it to temp. on trailer in lake. Oil looks good when it is sucked out. Does the water go into the cylinder then around the rings into the crank case when the inter cooler leaks. Pulled the intake hose off the inter cooler water droplets in it. Going to contact the person from Tampa that I bought it from to check his reaction to what he sold me.

need engine help RXP

Put some pressure on the intercooler it leaks. Live and still learning pricey lesson, I'll go with a new one when I get back from vacation. Will it matter if I run the ski without a intercooler, I connected the water hoses so it is bypassed. Thinking about a new set of plugs and running it to make sure everything is okay. Thanks for the replies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information