Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Replacing my charger with an x

Looks like my clutch or washers have failed and its gona need a rebuild,just wondering if i can remove what i have and bolt on a complete x charger from jerrys store,can it be done or are there other things that have to be done to make it fit and work........thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Looks like my clutch or washers have failed and its gona need a rebuild,just wondering if i can remove what i have and bolt on a complete x charger from jerrys store,can it be done or are there other things that have to be done to make it fit and work........thanks
    42# injectors won't supply enough fuel. I don't think the powershot with the 42# injectors will be enough either. Put the stock 38# injectors back in and add a RRFPR.

**EDIT: The other option for you would be to add the Riva ECU, but then you will need the 50# injectors and the valve spring upgrade. More $$$ this route. My vote is with the RRFPR and 38# injectors.

...in your signature i see that your runnin 42 injectors, the x charger cant work wit the 42's i'm not 100% sure but others will chime in soon

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I would just add a RRFPR and continue to run the 42's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    +1 since you have the external intercooler..

Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    ...in your signature i see that your runnin 42 injectors, the x charger cant work wit the 42's i'm not 100% sure but others will chime in soon
    SO FAR AS FITTING IS CONCERNED WOULD IT BOLT UP THE SAME,IF SO I WOULD FIT IT THEN ADD WHAT WAS NEEDED,TO FUEL IT RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I thought the 42# with the RRFPR were overkill? If you want to do that you might as well add the Riva XSC upgrade on the XSC or go Rude 1 or 2.

SO FAR AS FITTING IS CONCERNED WOULD IT BOLT UP THE SAME,IF SO I WOULD FIT IT THEN ADD WHAT WAS NEEDED,TO FUEL IT RIGHT
    Fitting is the same on all SC's. Except with the 185 HP models. They have a different drive gear. All the 215 models use the same SC gearing and all fit the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Fitting is the same on all SC's. Except with the 185 HP models. They have a different drive gear. All the 215 models use the same SC gearing and all fit the same.
    THANKS,now im thinking, DO I GO X OR RUDE,1, FUELING IT RIGHT IS MY CONCERN,ANY TRIED AND TESTED FORMULAS FOR EITHER THE X OR RUDE 1, ie INJECTORS,RRFPR,ect ect,....thanks, is the difference between the 2 chargers that great...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    I thought the 42# with the RRFPR were overkill? If you want to do that you might as well add the Riva XSC upgrade on the XSC or go Rude 1 or 2.
    I just recently got some 42's due to running a bit lean in cooler weather. Also with the stock 38's you will have the RRFPR cranked all the way up if your running a big air intake and IC with an X charger. 42's will allow you more range to work with and your fuel pressure base line will be decreased

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information