Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605

    Replacing my charger with an x

    Looks like my clutch or washers have failed and its gona need a rebuild,just wondering if i can remove what i have and bolt on a complete x charger from jerrys store,can it be done or are there other things that have to be done to make it fit and work........thanks


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Looks like my clutch or washers have failed and its gona need a rebuild,just wondering if i can remove what i have and bolt on a complete x charger from jerrys store,can it be done or are there other things that have to be done to make it fit and work........thanks
    42# injectors won't supply enough fuel. I don't think the powershot with the 42# injectors will be enough either. Put the stock 38# injectors back in and add a RRFPR.

    **EDIT: The other option for you would be to add the Riva ECU, but then you will need the 50# injectors and the valve spring upgrade. More $$$ this route. My vote is with the RRFPR and 38# injectors.

  3. #3
    Avion3333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    Looks like my clutch or washers have failed and its gona need a rebuild,just wondering if i can remove what i have and bolt on a complete x charger from jerrys store,can it be done or are there other things that have to be done to make it fit and work........thanks
    ...in your signature i see that your runnin 42 injectors, the x charger cant work wit the 42's i'm not 100% sure but others will chime in soon

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    I would just add a RRFPR and continue to run the 42's

  5. #5
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I would just add a RRFPR and continue to run the 42's
    +1 since you have the external intercooler..

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    ...in your signature i see that your runnin 42 injectors, the x charger cant work wit the 42's i'm not 100% sure but others will chime in soon
    SO FAR AS FITTING IS CONCERNED WOULD IT BOLT UP THE SAME,IF SO I WOULD FIT IT THEN ADD WHAT WAS NEEDED,TO FUEL IT RIGHT

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I would just add a RRFPR and continue to run the 42's
    I thought the 42# with the RRFPR were overkill? If you want to do that you might as well add the Riva XSC upgrade on the XSC or go Rude 1 or 2.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    SO FAR AS FITTING IS CONCERNED WOULD IT BOLT UP THE SAME,IF SO I WOULD FIT IT THEN ADD WHAT WAS NEEDED,TO FUEL IT RIGHT
    Fitting is the same on all SC's. Except with the 185 HP models. They have a different drive gear. All the 215 models use the same SC gearing and all fit the same.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Fitting is the same on all SC's. Except with the 185 HP models. They have a different drive gear. All the 215 models use the same SC gearing and all fit the same.
    THANKS,now im thinking, DO I GO X OR RUDE,1, FUELING IT RIGHT IS MY CONCERN,ANY TRIED AND TESTED FORMULAS FOR EITHER THE X OR RUDE 1, ie INJECTORS,RRFPR,ect ect,....thanks, is the difference between the 2 chargers that great...

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    I thought the 42# with the RRFPR were overkill? If you want to do that you might as well add the Riva XSC upgrade on the XSC or go Rude 1 or 2.
    I just recently got some 42's due to running a bit lean in cooler weather. Also with the stock 38's you will have the RRFPR cranked all the way up if your running a big air intake and IC with an X charger. 42's will allow you more range to work with and your fuel pressure base line will be decreased

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replacing 215hp SCIC with an external intercooler
    By JeffStalone in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 08:12 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
  3. Replacing a Riva Intercooler with an xs type
    By spinyard in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  4. Ribbon replacement.........my journal with tips and helpful hints :)
    By philip clemmons in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
  5. going to replace my 04 rxp with a honda fx 15
    By kaiser in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •