Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone have pics of stock RXP steering with Renthal bars?

I was going to use the 32" Renthal bars from the online store in conjunction with my stock steering because I like the look and feel of the motocross-style bars but didnt want to invest in a whole new steering setup... but Im kinda afraid its going to look hack. Ive got to fabricate some sort of bracket to hold my ingnition/lanyard post so im open to ideas on that too. Jerry showed me what the one looks like that comes with the UMI setup so Im sure I can fab something similar up.
    We used to just put bars on the older xps and they looked great.. but I dont know about my rxp. Ive already bought the bars so Im somewhat commited to at least trying it at this point. Id love to see some pics from someone else who has done it.

+1
    Here is a picture I have.

that looks clean. how/where did you relocate the ingnition post?

+1
    I didn't do it, but it uses a old style seadoo lanyard post. Not sure if it would work on a stock ecu RXP. The RXP I have has the Igni-Power EMS. You could probably make up some type of bracket to hole the DESS post and get a UMI switch or the X switch housing to hold the start and trim buttons.

Here is a better picture of it. I put UMI steering on after I bought the ski.

well the UMI steering comes with a bracket. im going to have to make something. thats why I ask. what did you do on the red ski? or what was done on the red ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    well the UMI steering comes with a bracket. im going to have to make something. thats why I ask. what did you do on the red ski? or what was done on the red ski?
    It's the same ski, but that first pic I didnt own it. That was Dan's old RXP and then I bought it at the '07 WF and painted the hood white.

Ok. I gotcha. So what did he do? do you recall?

+1
    Not sure. Don't know if this matters or not, but the ski uses the Igni-Power EMS.
    Ok. I gotcha. So what did he do? do you recall?

ok, so you had a different setup all together. Ill have to make some sort of a little bracket. So even though you eventually switched to the UMI (I may eventually too), it didnt look bad on the stock steering column, right? It looks good in the pic. Its just not polished.

+1
    ok, so you had a different setup all together. Ill have to make some sort of a little bracket. So even though you eventually switched to the UMI (I may eventually too), it didnt look bad on the stock steering column, right? It looks good in the pic. Its just not polished.
    It didn't look too bad. Personally I like the look and feel of the UMI setup more. Here are some pics of another way you could go. This is of my buddy Mitch's RXP. He bought my X steering off of me and put it on his '07. I'm pretty sure he just used stock bars though.

Also found another pic of aftermarket bars on the stock steering. This is of forum member PET's RXP

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information