Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

What pitch for my prop?

I've been having nagging rev-limiter issues with my SHO....as in it sits at 7750 rpm popping off the limiter constantly. Checked prop/wear ring clearance at Riva and they said it was OK...not great...but OK.

I think with the mods i have...it's time to repitch the prop. Any suggestions u guys could give me would be great as i'm sending the prop out to Impros today.

Oh...and whats the pitch on the stocker?

I think the stocker is a 12/20.
    I was hitting the limiter and went with a 13/23 to resolve knowing that I will be going to a stage 2 or greater anyway and who knows what Riva or RD will recommend for that...

I still have the stock S/C wheel. By going to a 13/23 I probably lost a bit on low/mid. This was most noticable to me in the hotshot.

Talking

I'm using the 13/23 Ska from R&D now. My buddy uses the 13/24 on his SHO. Both of us installed along with R&D's Monster Charger Wheels. No rev limiter now except in big air, full throttle, haha, but not the little stuff. No loss of low-mid range pwr with the new charger wheel, just the opposite.

RIVA Intake grate, Power Filter, Free-flow Exhaust, Intake Manifold Upgrade; R&D Monster Charger Wheel, Ride Plate, Intercooler Cooling System, Intercooler Core unit (on order), Anticavitation Cone, and Nozzle

Rip, I am going with the 13/23 as soon as I can scrape a few pennies together.

+1
    Now that you installed the manifold sleeve I would go 12/21 or 12/22 based on R&D's rec. Since you will most likely have a different setup by summer your best bet might be the taller 22 to keep you off the limiter in the cooler air/water. Might lose a little on the bottom for wave jumping though. Without adding more boost I think anything bigger will be a dog off the line. Eventually you'll want a 2nd one but I'd wait till you do more mods...never can have too many while tuning...I just bought a 3rd for my GPR. Let me know when you want to get together for the bucket party.

Quote Originally Posted by caymansho View Post
    I'm using the 13/23 Ska from R&D now. My buddy uses the 13/24 on his SHO. Both of us installed along with R&D's Monster Charger Wheels. No rev limiter now except in big air, full throttle, haha, but not the little stuff. No loss of low-mid range pwr with the new charger wheel, just the opposite.

RIVA Intake grate, Power Filter, Free-flow Exhaust, Intake Manifold Upgrade; R&D Monster Charger Wheel, Ride Plate, Intercooler Cooling System, Intercooler Core unit (on order), Anticavitation Cone, and Nozzle
    Your post got me curious. I thought R&D's "pro pitch" were bent & race finished stockers, but I just looked at the pic on their site and it's got a nose cone. Are they using Skat props now?

Sorry, my bad, yes Pro Pitch is what it is!!

And whatever it is fellas, I OWN the holeshot with that new C1 Charger wheel and that 13/23 prop. We just need a lil more top-end on the SHO's is all.

Mine was a Skat Trak 155-75-25 (SY557525SW1320)
    That they repitch to 13/23. Bought that back in September I think...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caymansho View Post
    And whatever it is fellas, I OWN the holeshot with that new C1 Charger wheel and that 13/23 prop. We just need a lil more top-end on the SHO's is all.
    You guys are making me jealous. I need to get off my arse next week and get all the goodies that are sitting in the garage installed. I'll feel better once I get it to the 70's.

Not sure what more I can do. Still have the Intercooler Core Kit comin from R&D, that had to be manufactured on order. Hoping once get a few more hours she'll free up a bit more. Then guess we just wait till new ECU out and see where that mother takes us, lol.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information