Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which engine to build???????

Guys and Gals,
    I'm stuck.....I'm wanting to put some more power in the c/f GP and I don't know which engine to build.

Engine 1: 4mm stroked 66E with 89mm pistons. I have everything but the stroked crank for this build.....I've talked to a couple of Top Shelf Engine builders and this would be a Monster Twin.

Engine 2: 5mm stroked 66V (yes, 66V), this would probably end up with 84mm pistons, but might go larger. I've had someone make me a heck of an offer on the short block and cylinders/pistons. Problem is I don't have anything else to complete this build. I know I'm going to have to fabricate some parts and pieces to get it to fit....the biggest obstacle could be the exhaust. My preliminary measurements lead me to beleive it'll shoehorn in...it'll be tight.

I might have to upgrade pumps as well, and I've already spoke to Glen @ Skat Trak....he's working on something for me.

So what do you think????? What should I build????? Probably have to sell one of the 927's (H204YOU I've just about got a price figured).

Third option is to buy a 1200cc WDK twin from Superramjet...... I'm so confused!!!!!
    Mike

+1
    these cylinders have different port timing - one option is to select which cylinder to use based on which timing better suits the plan the builder has for the motor (often this is determined using the TSR software)

http://www.tsrsoftware.com/

Philip,
    I'm aware of the different port timing of the two motors....either engine will probably utilize GP13R cylinders. Either way with the increased stroke and bore the transfers are probably going to have to be welded and raised to get everything back in sync. Heads will have to be cut or a spacer made, cuz the pistons are gonna pop out of the top of the cylinder....whooo hooo
    Mike

I would go with the 66V. I would find some trashed cases and cylinders first also try to find an exhaust cheap to do the mock up. If it works then you can go from there. If it doesn't then you haven't lost too much money and now you know it wont fit.

Okay, who's got a set of trashed cases and a stock exhaust I can use for a mock-up motor. I've got cylinders to bolt to the cases. If you want the cases and exhaust back I'll return them after my mock-up. Time to see how good my measuring skills are/were! Jon, this could get interesting....I'll keep you updated.
    Mike

might want to post up in the wanted section if you haven't already.....MWHAHAHA I'll get you to do all the work so then I'll know if it will work

i have a set of cases but they are not trashed
    it is a complete short block
    crank and cyl are bad but either way....
    im in south alabama and shipping would be your cost

vomitspot,
    I'd just need them for the mock up. I don't mind paying to get them here, but I think I'll try my local dealers first to see if they'll let me have some to use....maybe hold a deposit on them. If it fits, I've got a couple different people offering to sell me motors. I'll get back to you.
    Mike

Hello Mike,

Long time no talk to. Did you get the Silver GP ?? I have a dead set of 66V cases if you need them for mock up. Later, gp

GPBlaster,
    Yes I bought the silver GP and it was the recipient of the Lamey 927 that came out of the '99 GP800....it's running twin pipes, big carbs, Skat pump....you know the usual stuff....I need to post some pics of it....soon. I've got other irons in the fire right now.

Mainly resurrecting a 1977 Datsun 620 pickup that's been in a barn for 10+yrs!!!! One of my early toys....2.3liter L20B, "peanut head" with Isky cam, dual side draft Webers on Cannon intake, Pacesetter header, Mallory ignition, '79 200sx 5-speed, lowered, Konis, Quickor front bar, Sway-a-way rear bar, Lakewood traction bars....but I digress....

I need to get this mock-up done on the c/f GP while the winter is upon us....I'll get back to you on the cases! Thanks for the offer. You'll be hearing from me.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information