Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How fast will she go?

My ski will be completed some time after new years. Ive taken a little break from it because Ive been busy with work (grading research papers) and with xmas stuff. Ill post pics within in the next two weeks. Many of you know that Ive been building my 06 rxp from stock to stage3 (minus the Riva ecu) + Rude1.

Anyway, the next order of business is the Mrs.' ski. Once mine is finished, we plan to begin working on it and doing a slightly more conservative build. Weve been planning on doing an X charger with XS intercooler. her ski is already full stage one. The question is, how fast is she going to go? Shes been around jet skis for as long as shes known me (4 yrs) but never anything this fast. Im sure she can handle it.. but im wondering what we can expect speed-wise and what her reaction to it will be.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by caliburst; 12-27-2008 at 01:21 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    My ski will be completed some time after new years. Ive taken a little break from it because Ive been busy with work (grading research papers) and with xmas stuff. Ill post pics within in the next two weeks. Many of you know that Ive been building my 06 rxp from stock to stage3 (minus the Riva ecu) + Rude1.

Anyway, the next order of business is the Mrs.' ski. Once mine is finished, we plan to begin working on it and doing a more conservative build. Weve been planning on doing an X charger with XS intercooler. As you can see in my sig, hers is already full stage one. The question is, how fast is she going to go? Shes been around jet skis for as long as shes known me (4 yrs) but never anything this fast. Im sure she can handle it.. but im wondering what we can expect speed-wise and what her reaction to it will be.

Your thoughts?
    She will see 73-76mph depending on the final tune set up.
    I think that is a real nice set up and have done it a few times.
    After about 2-3 rides she will be all settled in and probably want more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    She will see 73-76mph depending on the final tune set up.
    I think that is a real nice set up and have done it a few times.
    After about 2-3 rides she will be all settled in and probably want more.

I agree, except I would say 74 to 77.5. I had this ame set-up with a 15/19 3 balde and it would go 75.5 in the summer and with a 15/20 77+. I'm sure in the cooler weather it would have done 77 with the 3 blade.

+1
    I think 74-77 as well. Depend on intake and other stuff as well. You goin with a 4 inch and thru hull as well? Im going with the X charger and RRFPR on top of my setup now and wnt to get 77. I got real cold temps (water is in the 40s right now and air not much warmer) on my side and im at sea level so got the best conditions for speed. And as said before how much attention are you going to pay to final setup/tune and the hull. I think we all know that speed with our ski is just as much in the hull as in the engine. R88

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I agree, except I would say 74 to 77.5. I had this ame set-up with a 15/19 3 balde and it would go 75.5 in the summer and with a 15/20 77+. I'm sure in the cooler weather it would have done 77 with the 3 blade.

I have a spare skat 14/19 3 blade. thats what im going to put on it. Should give her great hole shot. I dont think the extra 1-2mph is going to matter to her.
    Last edited by caliburst; 12-27-2008 at 01:23 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    I have a spare skat 14/19 3 blade. thats what im going to put on it. Should give her great hole shot. I dont think the extra 1-2mph is going to matter to her.
    Your gonna need to add some pitch to that to stay off the limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I think 74-77 as well. Depend on intake and other stuff as well. You goin with a 4 inch and thru hull as well? Im going with the X charger and RRFPR on top of my setup now and wnt to get 77. I got real cold temps (water is in the 40s right now and air not much warmer) on my side and im at sea level so got the best conditions for speed. And as said before how much attention are you going to pay to final setup/tune and the hull. I think we all know that speed with our ski is just as much in the hull as in the engine. R88
    I may do the riva rear exhaust kit with a stock waterbox. I dont think it will make much difference so im undecided. I am the one paying for these mods... so....
    As for the intake, were keeping the riva stage one intake on it. I think its 3". Thats the same thing thats on my ski.

+1
    I can shoot a vid from my ski looking back at you doing 77 if you want

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Your gonna need to add some pitch to that to stay off the limiter.

Really? Thats the stage3 prop.. seems suitable for this setup.

Btw, what is the boost on a stock ecu with the x charger vs. the stage 3 wheel? isnt it 11psi vs. 9psi or are my numbers off?

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I can shoot a vid from my ski looking back at you doing 77 if you want

eh.. a conversion ski is unatural.. its like cheating.
    Last edited by caliburst; 12-27-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information