Open loop cooling, Robbing pump output pressure??

I was just thinking, with the big high flowing intercoolers we add, and when added engine cooling, all from pump water. I was just thinking, that this could be robbing us of pump some output pressure?

I don't understand the fluid dynamics of the pump enough to say, as the pickup isn't pre-impeller, or post-impeller. It could be that the coolant pump is moving so much water that this is not even a drop in the bucket so to speak I was hoping maybe one of you engineer types could do some math on this

If it does affect pump output pressure, a system could be designed that would take water pre-impeller from then tunnel once the craft is moving at higher speeds, and the tunnel is under pressure. If you are going fast enough to be concerned about maxing out pump pressure, your also dealing with how to bleed off tunnel pressure. I was thinking a systen could be designed that would resolve both issues, kill 2 birds with one stone, so to say. Once a certain tunnel pressure is acheived, or with the use of a switch, a selenoid closes the pump water engine feed, and opens the tunnel water feed. Then as the craft slows, it returns to pump fed cooling. Or you could hit a button to just switch to tunnel water for cooling for top speed runs. Obviously there are a few issues, air pockets being one.

Just an ideaI had, maybe its stupid, just kinda popped there, ya know comments?

The idea is good, and it seems logical what you say. But it's also like you say, a drop in the bucket... and to relieve tunnel pressure you need much more highflow. Maybe a 2" BOV would do it...

+1
    cooling water from the pump to the motor is a drop in the bucket and not effecting speeds/pump output IMO.
    sounds like solenoids and plumbing would be far beyond what I would to mess with. just weight in the ski that I don't want. just my 2 cents

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    as long as you keep the original yellow/green seal with the restrictor in place no matter what you do the flow will be the same. and so small it wont have any effect on pump performance, on 2 stroke boats it was common to tap another fitting for extra water feed with no effects.

+1
    Looks like you have a few folks looking for you...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...222#post901222

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Looks like you have a few folks looking for you...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...222#post901222
    Yeah, if you got time to ponder pump efficiency then you probably have time to answer pm's and ship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Yeah, if you got time to ponder pump efficiency then you probably have time to answer pm's and ship parts.
    A better mod would be to increase pump efficiency from 50% to 60%... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Of course, I answered all my PM's and contacted everyone with their tracking info, and resolved all parts buying/selling issues first, before I started trolling the forum and making posts.

I take my reputation on GreenHulk very seriously, and try to do everything I can to be a honest and trustworthy seller. However I do have a tendency to get behind in my shipping. But in some of these cases where people send me a check or something it takes time to clear. I had to wait 2 weeks for an international check to clear, and shipped the item out one day after it had cleared, I think it's easy to forget exactly how long ago your ordered things you may be VERY anciously expecting.

I'd prefer to continue our talk about pump tunnel pressure, but since it was brought up here also, I wanted to assure all Greenhulk members that I love being a part of this community, and would never do a felow Greenhulker wrong!!

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    Of course, I answered all my PM's and contacted everyone with their tracking info, and resolved all parts buying/selling issues first, before I started trolling the forum and making posts.

I take my reputation on GreenHulk very seriously, and try to do everything I can to be a honest and trustworthy seller. However I do have a tendency to get behind in my shipping. But in some of these cases where people send me a check or something it takes time to clear. I had to wait 2 weeks for an international check to clear, and shipped the item out one day after it had cleared, I think it's easy to forget exactly how long ago your ordered things you may be VERY anciously expecting.

I'd prefer to continue our talk about pump tunnel pressure, but since it was brought up here also, I wanted to assure all Greenhulk members that I love being a part of this community, and would never do a felow Greenhulker wrong!!
    never did me wrong

+1
    Then do us all a favor, and answer the questions publicly, if they call you out on it.

Shipping slow, and not shipping look a whole lot a like when it comes to buying used parts.

Thread Information