Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Long time reader first time poster

Hey guys, I first wanted to start off by saying that all of your informative discussions have greatly helped me in my initial modding (4" front intake, ride plate holes filled, home made catch-can set-up etc.). Anyway, i have come to a crossroads in my next couple of steps in modding. Everything engine and exaust-wise on my ski (2008 rxp 215) is stock with the exception of the kanoflex intake. First, I am pretty sure that i want to go with the Fizzle XS intercooler set-up and just wanted to know if i would need to do anything else to my ski in order to accomodate this set up, or if i would have to purchase anything else for installation. Also, being as though my ski is stock would it even make sense to go with this mod or wait until further modding is done. My second question is whether or not to go with a complete X-charger set-up or just a new wheel in my stock housing. Money, reliability, and ease of installation/maintnace are of great concern.I live in colorado so i am at approx. 6,000 ft above sea level if that changes anything. Thanks in advance and i apologize for such a long post.

If money is tight you can buy an x wheel and front housing from someone who switched the the riva wheel and then send your sc to DIGGS and he can machine it to fit the x wheel. It will cost you around $400 total.
    Combined with an xs intercooler and a skat 15/19 or solas 15/20 you will have tremendous holeshot over stock and probably break 75mph

+1
    The intercooler will be your best power mod aside from increasing the boost via a supercharger upgrade. The X charger will be a nice addition to your otherwise near stock ski. Do the intercooler at the same time if you can afford it all at once.

What RPMs are you turning? What propeller do you have in, stock? You're probably running around 7400-7700 RPM if I had to guess and around 63 mph.

You will most likely be able to stick with stock injectors being that you're at such a high altitude.

The only modification you need to have to fit the intercooler kit (as noted in the part description) is an exhaust mod to make room for the cooler to sit. The easiest and least expensive option is a free flow. I can provide the necessary pipe through Jerry (the online store) for $25. It replaces the stock resonator and makes enough room for everything to squeeze in.

At current prices the X charger as a complete unit is a great deal. Machining your current parts would require new bearings anyway. Why not just go with a brand new unit that has metal washers..Use the stock charger for a spare if you ever need it.

If you don't do a lot of wake jumping then I also suggest the Riva rear air intake to get the ski breathing even more. You're going to need all the help you can get at 6,000 ft. elevation.

There's much more info on everything I mentioned by using the search function on the forum. High altitude info, the X charger, free flow exhaust, etc.

Hope this helps!

PM me if you need help.

This is exactly what we are doing on one of our rxps (Homemade X charger, XS intercooler, Skat 15/19).

Fizzle's intercooler is where its at. Ive got one on my ski and a second going on the Mrs. Rxp

Jerry has them in the store at a good price. Hes a good person to talk to about getting deals on all of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The intercooler will be your best power mod aside from increasing the boost via a supercharger upgrade. The X charger will be a nice addition to your otherwise near stock ski. Do the intercooler at the same time if you can afford it all at once.

What RPMs are you turning? What propeller do you have in, stock? You're probably running around 7400-7700 RPM if I had to guess and around 63 mph.

You will most likely be able to stick with stock injectors being that you're at such a high altitude.

The only modification you need to have to fit the intercooler kit (as noted in the part description) is an exhaust mod to make room for the cooler to sit. The easiest and least expensive option is a free flow. I can provide the necessary pipe through Jerry (the online store) for $25. It replaces the stock resonator and makes enough room for everything to squeeze in.

At current prices the X charger as a complete unit is a great deal. Machining your current parts would require new bearings anyway. Why not just go with a brand new unit that has metal washers..Use the stock charger for a spare if you ever need it.

If you don't do a lot of wake jumping then I also suggest the Riva rear air intake to get the ski breathing even more. You're going to need all the help you can get at 6,000 ft. elevation.

There's much more info on everything I mentioned by using the search function on the forum. High altitude info, the X charger, free flow exhaust, etc.

Hope this helps!

PM me if you need help.
    I am currently running a solas 13/18 and turning approx. 7600-7700 if i remember correctly (Riding season ended in early oct. for us up here) would it be better to just do the 42# injectors to be on the safe side? And is that a relatively easy install?

+1
    Yes, they're a really simple install, but TOO much fuel is a bad thing... You could try 42s and if it's runs rich, take them out.. Or do a search real quick to see if anything comes up. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on fueling combinations will chime in eventually. If you're turning 7700 RPMs you're probably seeing around 5 psi of boost.. Without diagnostic tools such as a boost gauge or AFR gauge it's basically a shot in the dark, unless someone else at a similar altitude has done similar mods and has data.

+1
    inteljd is a perfect example. he's running a fresh outside air intake, riva stage 3 charger, and piranha intercooler. normally these modifications would require 42# injectors for sure, but he's at 2500 ft elevation. I'm surprised your ski hasn't bogged down and fouled plugs already with STOCK injectors at 6000 ft altitude.. most likely the ECU bumped down the fueling automatically. skoepp also runs at a high elevation. he's done a lot of mods and some testing with diagnostic tools. I'm sure he has some good input on the fuel injector situation..

Im not sure what the question is- but if youre doing an x-charger, stock injectors and a fuel pressure regulator will be required.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Im not sure what the question is- but if youre doing an x-charger, stock injectors and a fuel pressure regulator will be required.
    not at 6000 ft elevation. it makes a bigger difference than you may think each 1000 ft is approx. 1 mph and 100 rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    inteljd is a perfect example. he's running a fresh outside air intake, riva stage 3 charger, and piranha intercooler. normally these modifications would require 42# injectors for sure, but he's at 2500 ft elevation. I'm surprised your ski hasn't bogged down and fouled plugs already with STOCK injectors at 6000 ft altitude.. most likely the ECU bumped down the fueling automatically. skoepp also runs at a high elevation. he's done a lot of mods and some testing with diagnostic tools. I'm sure he has some good input on the fuel injector situation..
    I am absoloutley no expert but doesn't computer account for the decreased air mass and adjust the fuel rate accordingly, it is just un-able to icrese the fuel rate past the rate that is capable by the injectors?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information