Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't buy western service corp ext warrenty

Just used my extented service warrenty for the frist time .

What a crock of B S this 650 hundred dollar piece of paper.

I have a 04 Rxp w/ fifty hours on it.
    with a five year extended warranty from w s corp paid 675 dollars in 08/04.
    I chipped the center cylinder some how and it started smoking.
    the warranty only covers ( any internal lubricated parts )

Now for your warranty to come into play you must .

1. must take it to a dealer. you cant do the work your self
    2. the dealer takes it apart to find the problem . thats on you .
    3. they find a cracked top of the middle piston .
    4. they call the warrenty company western services corp . two weeks later there adjuster shows up . Accepts the claim.
    5. gives the dealer a check for the repairs. for 2800.00 Great !!!!
    6. Now its 4 1/2 months later , my ski is almost finished . they rebuilt the motor .
    7. Now its time to pick up my ski. the dealer says the ( the warranty company only paid 2800 and the bill is 4000 . And the dealer will not warranty there work at all .. is this right . Pacific motor sports in
    harbor city califorina.

So like i said the extended warrantys are a ripe off .. any advise ..

+1
    Depends on what you agreed to with the dealer, not the service company.

-If they agreed to fix it per that company, then have them work it out.
    -If you dropped off your ski and agreed to repairs regardless of cost, then you are probably out of luck.
    -A "GOOD" service manager would have verified that he was charging you $4k before allowing the repairs to happen. But if you agreed to the repairs with no stipulations on cost, then it might be tough for you to get it covered.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    They are going to make a dealer diagnose and fix the ski. Not going to let you do the work. Dealer should of known how much the warranty company was paying and discussed the repair with them. Did you buy this extended warranty from the same dealer you took the ski to? If you don't get BRP's extended warranty then only by an aftermarket warranty from the same dealer that will be doing the work.

At least the $800+ was not wasted. Your only out $1200 for a rebuilt motor.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    They are going to make a dealer diagnose and fix the ski. Not going to let you do the work. Dealer should of known how much the warranty company was paying and discussed the repair with them. Did you buy this extended warranty from the same dealer you took the ski to? If you don't get BRP's extended warranty then only by an aftermarket warranty from the same dealer that will be doing the work.

At least the $800+ was not wasted. Your only out $1200 for a rebuilt motor.
    Being out $1200 is a lot better than being out $4-k... Ron

Almost sounds like the dealer is taking you for a ride, $1,200 to figure out what is wrong with it. I would also ask the stealership who authorized the cost to start the work, sounds like you didn't. Warranties always make me worry about hidden costs, sucks to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkgregs View Post
    Just used my extented service warrenty for the frist time .

What a crock of B S this 650 hundred dollar piece of paper.

I have a 04 Rxp w/ fifty hours on it.
    with a five year extended warranty from w s corp paid 675 dollars in 08/04.
    I chipped the center cylinder some how and it started smoking.
    the warranty only covers ( any internal lubricated parts )

Now for your warranty to come into play you must .

1. must take it to a dealer. you cant do the work your self
    2. the dealer takes it apart to find the problem . thats on you .
    3. they find a cracked top of the middle piston .
    4. they call the warrenty company western services corp . two weeks later there adjuster shows up . Accepts the claim.
    5. gives the dealer a check for the repairs. for 2800.00 Great !!!!
    6. Now its 4 1/2 months later , my ski is almost finished . they rebuilt the motor .
    7. Now its time to pick up my ski. the dealer says the ( the warranty company only paid 2800 and the bill is 4000 . And the dealer will not warranty there work at all .. is this right . Pacific motor sports in
    harbor city califorina.

So like i said the extended warrantys are a ripe off .. any advise ..

Stay away from Extended Warrantys.
    I have been a service contractor for years for a few warranty companies covering a handful of industries (not pwc).
    Its a numbers game to them. Alot of shady tricks they all seem to play games with.

dealer communication

I see a common problem through this thread. The dealer. Seems owners want dealers to communicate more which is reasonable. Here's my story with communicating with my dealer. I hate to tell it because the guy who sold me my machine has been a friend for 25 years and I hope he still is.

I totaled my 2007 RXP and brought it to my dealer for the insurance adjuster to see it. The shop was trying to help me with pointing out that the thing was totaled but the adjuster was a marine surveyor who really dug deep into the damage of my machine. When he was at the shop one day the service manager told him the plugs showed water intrusion. The surveyor wanted to talk to the mechanic who pulled the plugs but thre service manager told him he was on vacation. I found this out through the insurance company. I went to the shop and the service manager said to me there was no mechainic who pulled the plugs and he just blew off the surveyor and laughed right there in front of me like my new destroyed machine was a joke. So the surveyor finnaly gets back there 2 weeks later and asks that the engine gets pulled. I learned of this later that day when I was trying to find out if the surveyor had been there. The shop owner said he wouldn't pull it without payment. No one told me or planned to. Seems a lot of lack of communication everywhere with dealers I guess.

Wow, you were lucky that he didn't like you... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kkgregs View Post
    Just used my extented service warrenty for the frist time... So like i said the extended warrantys are a rip off .. any advise ...
    Sorry to hear this. My advice for future purchases would be to stick with the Sea-Doo B.E.S.T. Extended Warranty or other manufacturer's warranty depending on your PWC brand.

Well its been 5 1/2 months

5 1/2 months ,, And its still not completed. They where doing a tank test last saterday ,, its tuesday now and still no news about my ski . this Shop in harbor city ,, picific motor sports, This place is jerking me around . They will not warranty thery work ,, after making me do the repair there way. Is this right .. 4000.00 2800 ins 1200 me ... no warranty .. they even took apart my head valves rocker arms . I am sure they didnt replace the strech screws. Any Advice. ( in the head )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information