Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

photo of yamahas fix for 03 hull

just got it back from yamaha, this is how they fixed the pump shoe pulling out...the brackets look real strong, gonna test it soon............................ooops here is the photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha1300_021_162.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	5571  

No picture???

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hello dave, Did they also instal a pump seal kit, Or are you going to do it.

Looks like one of your rideplate inserts could stand a little more epoxy?

+1
    Also..you see where the waterbox cmes to rest on the tower on the right? Put a piece of hydroturf or a good rubberized foam on there, to help deflect vibration away from your waterbox. The harmonics will distort the exhaust wave in the waterbox and you wil lose performance.

Not really. But it will keep that tower from getting hammered/cracked if you glue a small piece of hydro or padding on there before you put the waterbox back on. Don't make it too thick either.

+1
    Also..you see where the waterbox cmes to rest on the tower on the right? Put a piece of hydroturf or a good rubberized foam on there, to help deflect vibration away from your waterbox. The harmonics will distort the exhaust wave in the waterbox and you wil lose performance.
    Thats is a very good point to bring up Mike .
    When I did my tunnel reinforcement, I noticed wear on my waterbox mount just liek that.
    When I installed my waterbox back in place. I slid a 1/8"thick x 6"x8" square peice of rubber sheet under it to help cushion it and prevent anymore wear from taking place. Must do.

+1
    looks good, you might want to get a tube of 5200, and just go nuts on top and around those inserts. The only downfall to this would be that you might not be able to get them off again easily if you ever wanted to do a pump tunnel reinforcement kit to it. But you can always use Pistonwashes way in the "How-To" section---i think it can be done without having to take the brackets off--but not positive on that.

Glad they took care of you without any lip.

+1
    yeah, I would definitely reinforce it while you have all the stuff out the back. Nows the time to do it.

If you want, I can mail you a paper template of that tunnel. that way, all you have to do it lay it on the glass, trace with a sharpie and cut out.

I can try scanning it if it will print full size upon download.

+1
    yep ur right about the water box...It rubbed a very small hole in the side...i took it to the shop and tig welded it ( i have a miller aircrafter 330 tig)..I then took your advice before you gave it to me and siliconed a thick piece of rubber to the box where it rests on the hull tower..I have a carbon fiber kit but think ill take it out and see what it will do...finally got a pet tach so i will know whats going on.....moter blips to 7600 on the trailer..ill find out what it will do in about a week...way too windy here in texas right now...thanks for the advice........oh, by the way ,i bought a rive race filter box....i been doing heads and exhaust and completely forgot the intake......fercho reeds are next

+1
    i ordered over the winter the little rubber strap that holds the waterbox in place and also the little rubber part that goes under the waterbox. both from riva

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information