Do I or dont I, Need the groups advise!!

Happy Holiday's everyone,
    I own currently 2 Honda ski's, a 2003 F12X and a 2004 R12X, the R12X was purchased in 2006 with the 3 year extended warranty so I am covered (has around 30 hrs on her). The F12X has around 40 hours on her, runs and looks great but does not have a MFR warranty and I am concerned if something goes wrong the costs would be high. I have an opportunity to buy a brand new 2006 F12X from my local dealer for $8220.00 out the door, this includes tax (7%) prep, shipping doc fees ect. This does NOT include the extended warranty which they want an addl $900.00. (I understand that I can shop that reading another thread)
    What should I do, the biggest delema is that I would have 3 ski's until I sell the 2003 F12X. We have concerns with the economic conditions that the ski will not sell unless I gave it away. Am I being paranoid about the potential of something going wrong mechanically? Please help as I trust your comments. confused in Jersey! Thank you, Todd

+1
    It would be a bit of money to trade up skis and you wouldn't be getting a better ski just a newer one. If your going to get a new one get something else. I would keep what you have, if something goes wrong someone on here always knows what to do. Also, IMO the Honda is the most reliable ski there is so you shouldn't have anything to worry about on the old one.

+1
    ditto. Extended warranty with honda is a waste of money.

buy a service manual so you have an idea if something goes wrong... do the routine maint yourself. Anything else pay the dealer. The weak link is the wgs and you can bypass that with a manual boost controller if you want. I have two hondas...very reliable.

The weak link is wgs? what is this?..Thanks for the responses

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by tgarris View Post
    The weak link is wgs? what is this?..Thanks for the responses

Todd
    Waste Gate Solenoid. They have a habit of getting corroded and failing. Not a catastrophic failure by far, and easy to swap. As Dav said, also by-passable with a manual controller. I would stick with the 03, and keep it until the F15x's are a dime a dozen. Far better ski so I hear.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ijdal35 View Post
    Waste Gate Solenoid. They have a habit of getting corroded and failing. Not a catastrophic failure by far, and easy to swap. As Dav said, also by-passable with a manual controller. I would stick with the 03, and keep it until the F15x's are a dime a dozen. Far better ski so I hear.
    that is my plan exactly. F15x is a rockin ski.

my experience with honda vehicles has been great thus far. ive only put 15 hrs on my r-12x, but its still running strong, my honda cbr1000rr motorcycle has 17k on it now and still feels amazing. 40hrs.... thats barely used still.
    Last edited by dman25; 12-30-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: left something out.

+1
    $8.2K out the door is steep. They gave you the same advice as me, wait for a good deal on a 15X.

Thread Information