Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please tell me it's not ruined....

Ok...Seeing as how I am completely new to the jet ski scene.....My brother kept telling me he was gonna go winterize my jet ski...Well today he tell's me he never made it over to do such thing...Now I live in Michigan...........The jet ski is in the garage (has been there since October)....I was told by a member to put a work light and put a lightbulb for a fridge in it and put it in the engine compartment and replace the seat, leaving the light on.....That this simple fix would help eliminate the effects that moisture has....Now seeing as how he doesn't receive snow where he lives and freezing temperatures like us Michigan people do, I don't know if that will help now that it's not had any winterizing done to it....With the luck I have, I am sure I have ruined/destroyed my jet ski................Please help!!!

If its in the garage-that should help keep any corrosion from getting too bad.
    The gas will go bad if there is any in the tank if he didn't add any stabilizer. The best thing to do is fog it when its parked but some 2-stroke oil in the spark plug holes and turn it over a few times wouldn't hurt.

+1
    I don't think it's ruined.Other people will disagree.My friends have left theres without being fogged for months and no damage.Polaris ski's are self draining (water does not stay in the engine) so it shouldn't freeze and break engine parts.
    It would not be a bad idea to remove the spark plugs and fog the cylinders.

I haven't fogged my ski's either.

Well I am hoping my jet ski will be ok....

+1
    A couple months without being fogged should be fine,being in a garage will help.
    My poor ski's are outside,under covers,covered in snow and ice.

I'm sure your good. I've let my fourwheeler sit for years at a time, with no winterization, no stabil., nothing, and never had a problem. Dump some stabilizer in the tank, fog the cylinders and carb. and you'll be fine.

I'm not a Polaris guy, but I know I would not want my seadoos or Yamahas not winterized with antifreeze. I know people who do not do it, and have never had an issue, but I don't risk it.

You can pull the plugs and dump a bit of 2 stroke oil down the holes, and turn the motor over by hand to get some oil thru the motor. That will help.

Pull your battery and put it somewhere warm, or it will be ruined by spring.

Don't sweat it...chances are, you will be fine.

ok guys...remember i'm completely new to this jet ski scene....so...you're all telling me to do this and that...

what should i do exactly now? and perferably give me the information in winterizing for dummies terms....

i would tell him to go winterise it , atleast fog it . if your worried about it freezeing and busting sumthing i think the polaris name has you covered

+1
    Buy a can of "fogging oil" from an auto parts store or Menards.
    Remove the air cleaner,start the ski,spray down into the carbs,shut it off.Install air cleaner.
    Remove the spark plugs,spray some in each cylinder,install the spark plugs.
    Disconnect the Negative (-) battery cable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information