Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

which is best??? 800 pipes

Which one does everyone think is the best for the 787cc motor????

FPP SpecII
    FPP SpecI
    R&D
    Rossier
    Neptune
    Coffman
    Any others I might not be thinking of

I need some input from some SeaDoo experts.....
    Mike

I've got a Yamaha 66E (784cc) with a custom made exhaust Head pipe that will allow me to bolt up any 800 SeaDoo pipe and am looking for input. I have a Neptune pipe but would like to know what everyone thinks of the others.

+1
    Spec II on a modded motor is probably the best.

Mike,
    Your knowledge base continues to amaze me!!!! I wish I had the funds to purchase GoDocGo's Mel Miller modified XPL Coffman pipe to try on the 927.
    M

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Spec II makes the most HP, and it is the least forgiving. A reliable setup is 165-170 lbs compression and no less than .050" squish.

Thanks for the input so far...maybe I should re-phrase my question. I pretty much knew the FPP SpecII pipe made the most hp and was probably the hardest to keep dialed in. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the others....this is what I really need to know. I'm eyeing a couple of different pipes and need to know their strengths and weaknesses.
    Mike

Hey Mike, the Rossier is the most forgiving(in my experience). It will not seize a piston and the engine will obviously lay down and you have plenty of time to back out of it when it's lean. I have this pipe on my 96XP, running 185 lbs compression and .050" squish @ 7550 rpm. There are quirks to overcome with the pipe, but they can easily be dealt with.

The neptune I've never tried, but some speak highly of it, but it's a high-revving pipe. Coffman neither. R&D sucks, never heard anything good. PSI sucks. The Spec II is reliable once dialed and does not need constant carb tuning, it's just fuel starvation sensitive.

+1
    You try the neptune pipe go ahead and run race fuel in your ski. That is one seizing pipe.
    I know my ski was not setup properly back then, but a loss is a loss. My spec II pipe setup that I had several years back got its ass handed to it by some Old Bastard running a rossier pipe setup.
    I think its having the right combo. I know Brian Thomas runs a Spec I pipe setup on his old 800 skis and he had a super fast one as well. I think its all in the combination setup you got going that will depend on what pipe would be best for you.
    SHOOTER
    p.s. that old bastard was 96xpss, hahahaha

+1

Cool

spec 1 or 2 ,have not had chance to run Rossier,Neptune are very high performance & crack all the time(dry pipe, hard to fix)

don't know why RQ would say spec 2 temperamental have had good luck with rec,ski for many years BUT will respect his opinion,even if he forget to let go of bowling ball in his past

later cd

Guys,
    Thanks for the responses....this is the kind of input I'm needing. I presently run a neptune pipe on my 927cc 66E yamaha. I've made a manifold that allows me to run seadoo pipes instead of just the factory exhaust or FPP twins. I had to do this, in order to get an exhaust system in my c/fgp. Keep the input coming.....I'm also wondering if I can run pipes designed for the 951. Is the mounting flange the same for both the 787 and 951 pipes? I wish I had the money to buy GoDocGo's XPL pipe that's for sale. I'm thinking of building a 1020 or larger twin and I think it's going to require a larger chamber in order to breathe.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post

don't know why RQ would say spec 2 temperamental have had good luck with rec,ski for many years BUT will respect his opinion,even if he forget to let go of bowling ball in his past
    ??? When did I say that? And what bowling ball are you talking about Chip?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information